Reward offered to identify poison pen author: Do you recognise the handwriting?

The Sick Moon

While not conding threats of this nature, it could be seen as a measure of how unpopular the minister has made himself. Alternatively, this 'news' could have been carefully timed to elicit sympathy when further unpopular announcements are due - more cuts to benefits and pensions on the way perhaps? Either way, it leaves the police with an awful lot of suspects but I doubt if the threat is particuilarly credible in view of the timescale involved.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's a lot of childish and ignorant posts in this thread which don't show the posters in a very good light.

Some posts are just plain nasty.( the first naturally being from Spook)

I wonder how they would feel if it was their family being threatened ?

Why don't these big men post their rubbish under their real names? Yes, I know the answer already.

My family's been threatened with reduced public pensions, having to work till they drop, higher utility rates than most parts of the world, a massive debt for govt pensions, fewer jobs available, high house prices and a lot more.

No one agrees with threats. These fuckers need throwing out at the ballot box...and then brought back to book under a future independent Pubic Accounts Committee. The FOI act extended back to 2001...and possible jail time for some of them.

Another proof that Tear is a fool is that at his age and in his position he should know that it's not the people who make threats that are to be feared, it's those who don't and just get on with it.

There's a lot of childish and ignorant posts in this thread which don't show the posters in a very good light.

Why don't these big men post their rubbish under their real names? Yes, I know the answer already.

It wasn't in the least bit nasty, it was what he should do.

You're mental, you really are.

Then in this at least I am not alone. Others agreed with what I wrote.

Tear showed himself up for what he is by his fallacious claim to have 'balanced the books' earlier this year when all the creep had done was to raid the reserves - again - in order to meet the annual budget.

The man really is contemptible along with the other two not so wise monkeys that form the troika of shame.

I agree with Spook and what he has written and I also agree with Albert T, both written good posts. I would like to see MHKs surcharged for acts of gross negligence or other negligent or careless actions which result in a loss to the taxpayer. If they retire, why not seize their pension as a form of recompense..,,,,,,,, before I get slaughtered by the MHK lovers on here, it's a suggestion to provoke debate. Also I thought a poison pen letter was an abusive letter made from newspaper letters pasted to a sheet. This letter is just a letter from somebody disgruntled which tone fair is a fair proportion of the island

Then in this at least I am not alone. Others agreed with what I wrote.

Tear showed himself up for what he is by his fallacious claim to have 'balanced the books' earlier this year when all the creep had done was to raid the reserves - again - in order to meet the annual budget.

The man really is contemptible along with the other two not so wise monkeys that form the troika of shame.

go spooky!

Generally murder is committed by someone the victim knows, and poison pen letters follow the same trend. It will probably someone he has offended in his personal life such as someone who has worked for him or has had an arguement with him over something that has little to do with politics. If this proved fruitless I would investigate further and I would get handwriting samples from the great and the good in the big house some of them are not keen on his methods, then I would perhaps go back to the date it was received and see what was happening then that he had a hand in...post office closure...it was obviously someone he has upset. Perhaps we should send for Poirot, probably spelled wrongly. Just a thought whatever.gif

Archived