Reward offered to identify poison pen author: Do you recognise the handwriting?

The Sick Moon

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And why release it 7 months after the event? It's similar to how they appeal for winesses to thefts or assaults a month or two after they happen. I once drew attention to this on another thread and Derek Flint came on with an explanation that amounted to "procedures and investigations have to be gone through internally". I don't agree. All of these appeals with all available details - in this case the full text of the letter - should be online and in the media within hours of the incident being reported to the police. In an island this size with a constabulary so compact this should not be difficult to achieve. Anything else simply lets the case go cold while memories of potential witnesses fade and the offender has a better chance of evading justice.

There's no excuse if someone has threatened his family as that is plainly not right in the least. Completely unacceptable. But let's face it some people are very angry about a lot that's going on in the Island. It wouldn't surprise me if more of this sort of thing happens as time moves on. That's not to say that I don't sympathise with him.

Much as I don't agree with it it's probably a sign of things to come. He's a symbol of the two tier society him and his peers have created, caused by cosy agreements behind closed doors.

Remember when people have lots to lose they lose it.

Archived