Reward offered to identify poison pen author: Do you recognise the handwriting?

The Sick Moon

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it is someones genuine writing all the authorities need to do is check tax returns and maybe college course work.

Er....that would mean manually checking thousands of documents? Not even touching on data protection issues and pure resources needed to do that. Good luck :)

In ye olden days, some good old proper police work would have probably cleared this up quite quickly.

Mr Teare was challenged this morning along the lines that the matter has been brought up now to deflect attention from the matters at hand in today's Tynwald. He replied that it isn't the case and that now is simply the point in the police investigation where they need to identify the sender of the threat. This was on Mandate if anyone wants to hear. What an indictment of the investigation. Surely the point at which they needed to identify the sender was at the very moment it was reported. What other part of the investigation is there to spend 7 months on?

It does seem a bizarre way of going about things..I'd have thought the Norfolk postcode would have given them something to work on

LOL!

If it was me I'd have confused the SOB by dropping it in a mailbox when next in Lowestoft (Suffolk)!

Mr Teare was challenged this morning along the lines that the matter has been brought up now to deflect attention from the matters at hand in today's Tynwald. He replied that it isn't the case and that now is simply the point in the police investigation where they need to identify the sender of the threat. This was on Mandate if anyone wants to hear. What an indictment of the investigation. Surely the point at which they needed to identify the sender was at the very moment it was reported. What other part of the investigation is there to spend 7 months on?

It's scary to think that someone who comes out with this rubbish is actually in government. My already low opinion has dropped another notch...

It's scary to think that someone who comes out with this rubbish is actually in government. My already low opinion has dropped another notch...

can't be too many notches left, maybe hitting negative territory soon eh?

for the next letters ( if any ) I suggest they use a printer and then burn the printer, they're cheap enough.

Thing is - why bother in the first place. Like Bell, Shimmin, and a few others Tear has created his own legacy and that will soon come back to haunt him far more than the frustrated snarling of some poor sod who it would appear has been driven to distraction by Tear's action or inaction.

If Tear was a man of any honour and took the letter seriously then rather than whinge he might have made known the content of the letter in The House and explained why he did whatever it was that caused such heartache to someone and justify or at least explain it.

If Tear was a man of honour ---- ah yes, there's the rub.

Personally I don't think anyone should have their family threatened because of their job..

Any threat of violence against another is deplorable.

Can't and won't argue against that, but on the Island especially one has to be a particularly outstanding ---something --- to reduce a person to descend to such an act.

Archived