Zac Hall Plagiarist?

Chinahand

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

for what its worth, here's my thoughts on the matter...

Why Plagiarism is Wrong

Most instructors agree that plagiarism is wrong, but here are some reasons why plagiarism is considered unethical.

Penn State University is an institution of both learning and research. When you commit plagiarism, you hurt yourself and the community in the following ways:

1. You deny yourself the opportunity to learn and practice skills that may be needed in your future careers. You also deny yourself to opportunity to receive honest feedback on how to improve your skills and performance.
  2. You invite future employers and faculty to question your integrity and performance in general.
  3. You commit fraud on faculty who are evaluating your work.
  4. You deprive another author due credit for his or her work.
  5. You show disrespect for your peers who have done their own work.

Previous: Defining Plagiarism and Academic Integrity

Next: Common Excuses for Plagiarism

• Table of Contents
having said that, is it not possible the church is briefing its disciples on what and what not to say?
1rev1.png

Pennsylvania State University

University Park, PA 16802

814-865-4700

The Pennsylvania State University

Best post in this thread

Wow, even with the speeches side by side. Roasting time!

Mr Hall MHK is probably covered by parliamentary privilege anyway...Interesting though how the media adopted the legal technique used in cases of plagiarism ie laying sections of text side by side for comparison as in copyright cases....Been reading the manual "Journalism for Big Boys"?...

Anyone recall Sarah Ferguson's "Budgie the Helicopter?" aka "Budgie the Plagiarist" and I would say much the same about the first Harry Potter ....

Plagiarism is the act of passing off someone else's work as your own.

It sounds like simple dishonesty, and it often is. Anyone who buys, borrows, or steals other peoples words in as his/her own work knows he/she is plagiarizing. Anyone who copies word-for-word--or who copies, changing a word here and there--WITHOUT ENCLOSING THE COPIED PASSAGE IN QUOTATION MARKS AND IDENTIFYING THE AUTHOR should know that he/she is plagiarizing.

Dishonesty, deceitfulness shown in someone's character or behaviour.

Lack of ethics, not following a set of principles of right conduct or a system of morals. Or the rules and standards governing the conduct of a person.

Hypocrite ˈhɪpəkrɪt/ Noun noun: hypocrite; plural noun: hypocrites a hypocritical person. "the story tells of respectable (insert name) who turns out to be a cheat and a hypocrite"

synonyms: sanctimonious person, pietistic, whited sepulchre, plaster saint, humbug, pretender, deceiver, dissembler, impostor; informal phoney, Holy Willie; informal creeping Jesus; informal bluenose; rare Pharisee, Tartuffe, Peck-sniff, canter "he condemned him as superficial and a hypocrite"

If Hall had a scintilla of decency he would resign his seat in the House of Keys, but of course he won’t do that because like the Church he is a spokesman for he has selective myopia when it comes to matters of right and wrong.

Commendable work Chinahand. You made the front page.

I presume from all these statements on this forum everybody is in favour of this bill, the point of it is Homosexual couples should be allowed to marry, now is there anything in this bill which allows a man and a woman the same rights, IE just live together and NOT get married, and be recognized as a civil partnership, because there was a court case in the UK very recently where a judge would not allow a couple have the same rights as a married couple.

This surely is an anomaly and unfair, I believe the couple didn't want to get married, but just live together, and have the same rights as a married couple, couldn't this be added to this bill as an amendment, or are we ruled on this by UK law?.

Oh oh...I sense a large 'when I' post about to arrive.

steady Tweek, if memory serves someone on this site was a tad critical of my using " " , and even ' ' .laugh.png

Folk who attempt to pass off others words as their own are dishonest and look pretty stupid when they are , quite rightly, caught outflowers.gif .

Reminds me of the exchange between Whistler and Wilde when after one had made a clever remark the other said "I wish I'd said that " the response was " you will Oscar(?), you will".

I live in Onchan and Zac does not represent my views , he didn't even have the courtesy to ask me !

I presume from all these statements on this forum everybody is in favour of this bill, the point of it is Homosexual couples should be allowed to marry, now is there anything in this bill which allows a man and a woman the same rights, IE just live together and NOT get married, and be recognized as a civil partnership, because there was a court case in the UK very recently where a judge would not allow a couple have the same rights as a married couple.

This surely is an anomaly and unfair, I believe the couple didn't want to get married, but just live together, and have the same rights as a married couple, couldn't this be added to this bill as an amendment, or are we ruled on this by UK law?.

http://www.three.fm/news/isle-of-man-news/mhk-looks-to-extend-proposed-marriage-equality/

Lazy bigotry is bad enough, but here we've got second hand, lazy bigotry.

Are people surprised?

P.S. Thanks for the compliment, Newsnight, it is all part of the fun which is Manx Forums!

You are more than welcome. I have just heard that Hall's troubles are only just beginning BBC NorthWest will be looking to contact him. He's dodging Manx Radio at the present time.

I am reasonably certain one of the 'Red-tops' in the UK are looking at it too.

Archived