Ramsey Pier Community Trust

Katman

Why do they think it ran out of money and fell apart in the first place?

Because they booked every other Harbour board job to it yet spent nothing on it to make it look like it was costing a fortune.

'They'? Ah...you mean the taxpayer.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am thankful for people of vision who act rather than type things on web forums, and I will be devoting time and work to this project as it hopefully moves forward.

The first stage is a survey to determine exactly what has to be replaced, and that is what will be taking place next moth.

Here is the fundraising page & I do hope people will be prepared to put their hands in their pockets.

https://crowdfunding.justgiving.com/richard-crowhurst

I was almost tempted to donate or offer help until I saw it was that asshole Crowhurst involved. The only thing I'd give him is a gallon of petrol and a box of matches.

I wasn't even tempted before. With that cretin in on it,semtex would be better

I wish them all the best.

Stop fucking moaning you sad idiots.

Moaning? hahaha. It's called being realistic. Wish them all you want,it isn't happening for £1.8M

Possible if they do all the work themselves.

I wish them all the best.

Stop fucking moaning you sad idiots.

Moaning? hahaha. It's called being realistic. Wish them all you want,it isn't happening for £1.8M

Possible if they do all the work themselves.

Not even then. Unless of course you think they can utilise £750 for every foot of the pier including down to the foundations of each strut without spending over budget

It's disgusting really that the pier wasn't fully renovated 25 years ago when we had oodles of money and the cost was only several million for the whole job.

It'll be wonderful to see it back in some shape or form. Spent many a summer out there conger bashing!

It's a very good point. If we've lost a third of our income, what the bloody hell was it all going on if things like this weren't sorted out?

It was going to overpaid,underworked,and goldplated pension louses aided and abetted by union numbskulls and "whitley council"!!! Plonkers,never thinking of the CONSEQUENCES,trough snout blablabla.

Exactly. Even as recently as 2012 it was given an estimate of between 1.2-1.7M per phase,of which there was a total of seven phases. Perhaps these idiots have a deal on with B&Q for some offcuts?

You can't be seriously suggesting that costings that Govt. came up with could be used as a realistic benchmark for restoring the pier.

Exactly. Even as recently as 2012 it was given an estimate of between 1.2-1.7M per phase,of which there was a total of seven phases. Perhaps these idiots have a deal on with B&Q for some offcuts?

You can't be seriously suggesting that costings that Govt. came up with could be used as a realistic benchmark for restoring the pier.

Indeed not,but neither will less than £2M repair the whole pier to a useable standard

I believe some of the materials,like replacement decking, aren't costing them anything. There was talk of trees that been felled by DEFA being donated for planking.

You mean tax payers property, felled by people being paid by the taxpayer, at pay rates paid by the taxpayer and dhipped in tax payer funded lorries?

Richard will have fiddled his way through any chance of getting timber. In the same way that the hypocrite has been wanting motorcycles banned from any form of trail riding and then just recently tries to contact Guy Martin through his facebook page to try and use his name to help publish his own ideals and wants.

A very needy man with very dubious ways of going about his business

Archived