Ramsey Pier Community Trust

Katman

So a Community Trust has been granted a three year lease on Queen's Pier in Ramsey and they intend to spend £1.5million on its restoration.

Who in their right mind would put £1.5million into a project with no hope of a return, with such a short Lease.

I understand they are wanting donations to fund the restoration, so now is the time for all those people, who signed the petitions to save the pier, to put their hands in their pockets and dig deep.

http://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/queens-pier-will-be-restored/

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe it is a 3 year lease to get a start on it with a view to a 99 year lease once progress has been made.

The plan is to go bay by bay in stages - rather than try and fix the whole thing at once.

Also it's the Queens Pier Restoration Trust.

http://www.ramseypier.co.uk/

I am thankful for people of vision who act rather than type things on web forums, and I will be devoting time and work to this project as it hopefully moves forward.

The first stage is a survey to determine exactly what has to be replaced, and that is what will be taking place next moth.

Here is the fundraising page & I do hope people will be prepared to put their hands in their pockets.

https://crowdfunding.justgiving.com/richard-crowhurst

I am thankful for people of vision who act rather than type things on web forums, and I will be devoting time and work to this project as it hopefully moves forward.

To see their vision they must be wearing a wonderful pair of rose tinted spectacles.

Population of IoM being about 85,000 that's about £20 per head. Seems very attainable to me. Some wealthy bods will be happy to stump up £500 or more to have their names on plaques on the pier.

Good luck to them. I am looking forward to walking on it again.

To see their vision they must be wearing a wonderful pair of rose tinted spectacles.

You're not fucking bitter are you?

Two points:

1) I think it's a total waste of time, renovating something that is not particularly attractive and serves no purpose whatsoever.

2) I wish them all the best and admire their dedication and the fact that they are putting their money and time where there mouths are. Even if I've no interest in the 'end game', the idea of a community coming together to fix things themselves instead of waiting for a handout from our dear leaders is inspiring and it's things like this that really do bond society together.

So I've no interest in the end result, but a huge interest in the journey they are taking to get there. Good luck!

Archived