Sellafield, How safe on our doorstep..?

quilp

I'm very concerned about it and although I don't watch Panorama I'll definitely be watching this one.

There is no doubt in my mind that our island has been adversely affected by Sellafield.

with all due respect what will you do about it?

I'll start a grassroots revolution.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If i remember correctly Tony Benn was the minister in charge at the time of a quite serious leak which was covered up, maybe around 1957 or so?

I also think I remember references to increased prostarte cancer being associated with excessive ingestion of smoked fish, but this coulkd just be me being confused.

I'm very concerned about it and although I don't watch Panorama I'll definitely be watching this one.

There is no doubt in my mind that our island has been adversely affected by Sellafield.

with all due respect what will you do about it?

Exactly. A poorly researched programme will have people in a flap over something they'll do nothing about.

I also think I remember references to increased prostarte cancer being associated with excessive ingestion of smoked fish, but this coulkd just be me being confused.

Confused? Yep, looks that way.

Naff orf!

Stop panicking . There's absolutely nothing to worry about with regards to a nuclear reprocessing plant and storage facility just across the water from us. None whatsoever. Were there to be a leak i'm sure they'd let us know as soon as possible, they care about us see. Plus it may be illegal if they didnt tell us, and that's really really bad behaviour. Not on the level of smoking dope but pretty naughty all the same...If we dont like it we should all move somewhere else, it's quite simple really

A fire, spillage of combustible/radiological material, building failure, leaking storage tanks, quite a few really. The site has a poor electrical supply and outage's are frequent. The building is already failing, the tanks already leak.

No problem though.

What's a "major incident"?

Quite a bit bigger than a "minor incident" ie squeaky bottom time.

I didn't bother watching it because everyone on here keeps telling me that the BBC has such a left wing bias it always ends up being Sir Robert Walpole's fault (Conservative PM 1721 - 1742).

Archived