The weeks most incompatible news headlines?

BossHogg

Folks (including censorship!)

I've done it before, and I'm more than happy to meet up with anyone for a brew and a look round at what we do - especially if it helps quell some of the myths and rumours about the place, and how busy we are/ aren't. Working for the Isle of Man Police isn't perfect, and from time to time, some of the work we do isn't perfect. Its because the place is run by humans, with humans, for humans.

631371 for appointmentsbiggrin.png

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've done it before, and I'm more than happy to meet up with anyone for a brew and a look round at what we do - especially if it helps quell some of the myths and rumours about the place, and how busy we are/ aren't. Working for the Isle of Man Police isn't perfect, and from time to time, some of the work we do isn't perfect. Its because the place is run by humans, with humans, for humans.

631371 for appointments:D

And also for dogs, birds and chocolate eggs.

631371 for appointmentsbiggrin.png

would be interested to know if anyone has taken you up on those previous offers. I would bet not many have

It didn't just chase them, it attacked them. I think it's pretty serious that there is a dog owner out there with a dog like this and who is not keeping it under control. Next time it could be a young child being viciously attacked by this dog.

Anything to do with the mention of dogs seems to get your gander up quickly.Do you foam at the mouth when you're spouting this crap?

Are these possibly the most incompatible headlines to come out of the local paper this week?

Thin Blue line is far too stretched says Chief Constable

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/isle-of-man-news/thin-blue-line-is-too-stretched-1-8166735

Police looking for the owner of a Terry's chocolate orange

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/isle-of-man-news/police-hunt-for-chocolate-owner-1-8175357

Unfortunate timing:

post-1130-0-27734000-1476388735_thumb.jpeg post-1130-0-88316400-1476388800_thumb.jpg

631371 for appointments:D

would be interested to know if anyone has taken you up on those previous offers. I would bet not many have

I have.

It didn't just chase them, it attacked them. I think it's pretty serious that there is a dog owner out there with a dog like this and who is not keeping it under control. Next time it could be a young child being viciously attacked by this dog.

Anything to do with the mention of dogs seems to get your gander up quickly.Do you foam at the mouth when you're spouting this crap?

I'm very passionate about the topic of dogs viciously attacking young kids, as it happened to me when I was a young kid. :(

Think it was worth it to make an important postflowers.gif

Perhaps you ( and Lisenchuk) should have seen the result of what an Alsatian did to a toddler when it bit off a chunk of his face.

I was involved in the subsequent prosecution .

Coppers with outside interests - isn't one allegedly involved in bringing over high end sports car tourists?

police officers have to declare any outside work whether it's paid or not that includes things like volunteering to coach kids at sports etc. they are allowed to pursue other jobs as long as it doesn't affect their work or conflict.

The bringing over of high powered sports car owners/enthusiasts (which is going to end very badly at some point) must be a conflict of interest?

They regularly break the law when here too. Some of their driving is dangerous - just a question of time before it goes tits up.

Whilst we have plenty of idiots on the road already it is hard to see how this type of "business" isn't a conflict.

That'll be me then.

This has been mentioned a couple of times, so probably worth putting the record straight. I was - up until the point I took on the Roads Policing Portfolio, director of a company, and the company model was indeed to organise supercar visits to the Isle of Man, but with an emphasis on closed road, and track driving - therefore addressing the criticism that is levelled at some visitors. With my new position in the Constabulary there was a risk that a conflict would arise with regard to road closures, en route transgressions of road traffic law being allegedly overlooked etc. Outside interests are continually reviewed by the Job, and this was one that could not continue. That's hopefully provided a bit of clarity.

When i made my comment it wasn't actually aimed at you. I had no idea.

I was under the impression it was another member of the Police that was invovled in it?

Archived