The weeks most incompatible news headlines?

BossHogg

Read about the dog that today killed one toddler and left another with life changing injuries .

I doubt there is much correlation between a dog that attacks a swan or a duck (i.e. Doing what a dog is generically programmed to do) and one that kills a child.

Why? Two major correlations would be they're they're small and defenseless.

Have you and PASWT ever considered that the most dangerous animal you're ever going to encounter are always found amongst your own species?

You pair should stay in doors from now on.....be afraid,be very afraid.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

True "L"but if a dog is not under the control of it's owner/handler and it has been proven to attack livestock it may be inclined to bite other species.

The "bite" is perceived as a "reward" when training police dogs. A great friend of mine was an award winning police dog handler with some 30 years experience and I have merely posted his opinions .

However if you or "BH" have greater experience or evidence to bring to the discussion other than a piss poor attempt to ridicule I'd be delighted to hear it .

PS perhaps not "BH" ( "BS" more likelaugh.png ) as he tells liesflowers.gif

hope this helps

I'm not hard but me dog is. See it everywhere.

Absolutely. Usually these sort of beasts are owned by fuckwitts anyway. It's the wish or need to own such a dog that is the problem not the dog itself which has been bred to act as it does. There is an article in the UK press today about a police woman whose dog killed her sisters child. You only have to look at the picture of the husband; a shaven headed, bulked up, angry fuckwitt type. Exactly the sort of aggressive looking Neanderthal you'd expect to want to own one of those sort of dogs in the first place.

That said I doubt very much that a labrador or a collie which has attacked a duck poses any risk to a child whatsoever. Seems like a waste of police time.

Censorship you must be aware of things the rest of us aren't. you say the rot needs to stop but what rot? investigations fail not all crimes are solved police officers are human beings they will make mistakes. at the weekend there was a drink driver who crashed their car and a wounding in a short space of time which was dealt with no fuss. the police are busy and as Derek flint says these posts take a minute to post up do all you want to hear about is doom and gloom?

Okay, let's put this out there...

Can any of our much-loved Constables confirm that there are currently NO internal inquiries into individual officers in relation to their professional conduct in the handling of investigations, witnesses and complainants, and that there are currently NO serving police officers currently subject to criminal investigations?

I don't know to be honest. Why not write in for a freedom of information request and we'll write back. Not sure there are any secrets to be had in the stats.

I don't want to be rude, Derek, but you are the head of the Constabulary's PR and you aren't aware if any serving officer is subject to disciplinary or criminal investigation? I don't wish to sound like I'm trying to teach an old guru new tricks, but maybe you should find out before anything becomes public so you can prepare a strategy?

Unless you do know and just don't want to say, not that the Constabulary would ever be less than honest about the indiscretions of its own. Remember though, the ostrich strategy doesn't always work.

Censorship you must be aware of things the rest of us aren't. you say the rot needs to stop but what rot? investigations fail not all crimes are solved police officers are human beings they will make mistakes. at the weekend there was a drink driver who crashed their car and a wounding in a short space of time which was dealt with no fuss. the police are busy and as Derek flint says these posts take a minute to post up do all you want to hear about is doom and gloom?

Okay, let's put this out there...

Can any of our much-loved Constables confirm that there are currently NO internal inquiries into individual officers in relation to their professional conduct in the handling of investigations, witnesses and complainants, and that there are currently NO serving police officers currently subject to criminal investigations?

If there aren't I'd be astounded frankly, given the litigious nature of society nowadays and lawyers always on the lookout for a payday.

[

I don't want to be rude, Derek, but you are the head of the Constabulary's PR and you aren't aware if any serving officer is subject to disciplinary or criminal investigation? I don't wish to sound like I'm trying to teach an old guru new tricks, but maybe you should find out before anything becomes public so you can prepare a strategy?

Unless you do know and just don't want to say, not that the Constabulary would ever be less than honest about the indiscretions of its own. Remember though, the ostrich strategy doesn't always work.

I'm sure that when any officer is under investigation the first thing they probably don't do is bash an email out to all@isleofmanpolice.im advising every officer in the building of the investigation.

I don't know until I need to know. If an officer is under internal investigation then very few people will know.

Either way, if we need to then we'll put together a strategy. PSD haven't been to see me, if it helps.

Is the same true in relation to officers subject to criminal investigation?

[

I'm sure that when any officer is under investigation the first thing they probably don't do is bash an email out to all@isleofmanpolice.im advising every officer in the building of the investigation.

Are you sure of that? I'm not, it sounds like a foolish thing to do. However, given the shit storms the Constabulary has endured in the past when disciplinary matters became public, it would seem equally foolish for a senior manager not to think a quick word with the head of PR might be quite a good idea. Still, they've weathered negative publicity in the past and that's just over the stuff we found out about - must be some lumpy carpets up Glencrutchery Road and no doubt the sweepers are in frantic action right now.

Archived