Isle of Man Newspapers Awards for Excellence 2016

censorship

2 hours ago, gettafa said:

To be fair, recognition of a good business is simply their bottom line.

In this me, me, me world and all its gratification seeking, I suppose there needs to be these back-slap fests. Anyway, I doubt there was any taxpayers' money spent on the night so yeah, let it be.

"We have been working very closely with the Department of Economic Development following its very successful ISLEXPO event promoting the island."

;)

• 11 months later...
  • Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

It’s that time of year again. 

I’m amazed someone hasn’t resurrected the usual criticism of the IOM back-slapping awards. 

My predictions include - Equiom, Mannvend, ICM, Microgaming, a Govt department to do with the Arts, another betting company probably Annexio and some Organic food place - all friends of Trudi Williamson.

6 minutes ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

My predictions include - Equiom, Mannvend, ICM, Microgaming, a Govt department to do with the Arts, another betting company probably Annexio and some Organic food place - all friends of Trudi Williamson.

Don’t forget the Post Office there’s usually an award that is linked to something only they do in some way that it can only be won by a non-commercial supplier of postal services. 

2 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

Don’t forget the Post Office there’s usually an award that is linked to something only they do in some way that it can only be won by a non-commercial supplier of postal services. 

Outside bet - Captain S Carter for the MV Karina - Services to Tourism or the Scrapping a Near death drowning nightmare Award....

2 hours ago, thesultanofsheight said:

I’m amazed someone hasn’t resurrected the criticism of the IOM back-slapping awards as yet. Does that mean that many forum members are there tonight and unable to post on MF saying how awful it all is? 

I’m not there. It’s fucking awful.

1 hour ago, Non-Believer said:

PokerStars. The Govt's go-to concern for local event sponsorship

DfE (self award for weathering home created f@ck ups and calls for Resignations).

The Skelly award for failure to deliver anything and look like a cock whilst doing so goes to....The Council of Ministers..!

I’m amazed someone hasn’t resurrected the criticism of the IOM back-slapping awards as yet. Does that mean that many forum members are there tonight and unable to post on MF saying how awful it all is? 

H  the promenade was packed tonight, all the great, good and the ugly attending tonight’s ceremony. 

What's up ?

Did nobody include you in the awards ?

Maybe you could have been nominated for the most faces on MF.

You would have won too. Never mind eh, always next year. :thumbsup:

3 hours ago, thesultanofsheight said:

. . . . . saying how awful it all is? 

a la contraire:

32 minutes ago, 2112 said:

the promenade was packed tonight, all the great, good and the ugly attending tonight’s ceremony. 

I walked home along the Colonnade and there was loads of pissed-up blokes in bow ties, and women in high heels and ass gripping dresses all proclaiming such as "..that was a fuckin' good night tha'"

7 minutes ago, gettafa said:

a la contraire:

I walked home along the Colonnade and there was loads of pissed-up blokes in bow ties, and women in high heels and ass gripping dresses all proclaiming such as "..that was a fuckin' good night tha'"

Pure class of our betters. Did you miss the, "la" off the end..? :lol:

Archived