New Mod

ans

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I for one would love to know the perceived political bias or direction that MTP thinks I, or Amadeus, singly or together, with or without the site owner and the other moderators, Are steering MF. I thought it was posters who did that.

Whatever any of you may imagine

1. None of the moderators read everything

2. 99% of the time moderation is reactive, in other words because a report is received. The odd 1% is where one of us spots something really bad and set it invisible to save MF from unpleasant consequences.

3. Very few posts are moderated or set invisible or deleted. Perhaps 2 or 3 each month.

4. There is a discussion about what to do. Warnings are not doled out willnilly or on a whim. Neither are posting suspensions or member bans.

5. I've no idea what the political views of the site owner or the other moderators are. I've never asked and they've never told me. At least one, and possibly two, Ive never met and don't know who they are in real life.

6. Many reports are the subject of no action. We aren't arbiters of taste, grammar, political correctness and our only intervention is when there is risk of litigation against MF.

7. Some posters go out of their way to post in a controversial or combative style, others are confrontational, to other posters or the moderating team. We rarely intervene or take action. There are good reasons for this. We have no wish to end up acting as "common law editors" much preferring the protection conferred on MF and the moderating team and site owner by the Electronic Comunications legislation, EU directive and UN treaty.

There is political bias in that the forum's most prolific libertarian is permanently banned for reasons so trumped up and vague that even he doesn't know them. It's ironic given that the forum's moderators then exercise their freedom of speech over on IOM News and Politics on FB by replying to the said person and are treated respectfully. I know which discussion group I prefer.

There is political bias in that the forum's most prolific libertarian is permanently banned for reasons so trumped up and vague that even he doesn't know them. It's ironic given that the forum's moderators then exercise their freedom of speech over on IOM News and Politics on FB by replying to the said person and are treated respectfully. I know which discussion group I prefer.

Hello TJ.

He's not a Libertarian, he's over on IOM News and Politics blaming an inoffensive bit of public art for the decline of western civilization.

When did liking rubbish "art" become a doctrine of libertarianism? I don't think it did. I think you need to do some research on political philosophy.

If you're not TJ then why are you even remotely bothered by what Declan said. I can't help thinking that the doth protest too much.

Archived