500 new jobs could be created...

Manx Bean

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We can't really offer workers as our unemployment rate is so low. They will have to be brought in.

There is 'potential' for many things to happen.

There is 'potential' for some companies to leave the island as Nationwide is doing.

If you tell people there is £50 million available in subsidies there is 'potential' for lots of promises to be made about jobs.

New jobs don't have to be filled by immigrants, although that is the desired position of the treasury. New jobs should also be an opportunity for local workers to move up the wage/status ladder. Maybe the vacated jobs will have to pay more to get replacements? The important thing is to get more people paying I-Tax.

New jobs don't have to be filled by immigrants, although that is the desired position of the treasury. New jobs should also be an opportunity for local workers to move up the wage/status ladder. Maybe the vacated jobs will have to pay more to get replacements? The important thing is to get more people paying I-Tax.

The important thing is to have technology generating more income through sales & taxes, without the social costs of importing people

Existing people changing jobs wouldn't create 500 new jobs.

I'd just like to play my political card and say that I think ONE THOUSAND (1000) jobs could be created by incoming businesses wishing to take advantage of our competitive um... er... coffee shops and other things.

Likewise I would think that international businesses would probably like to open their factories in our unfeasibly compact industrial premises (apart from the ones being sold as luxury housing) and benefit greatly from our completely independent ports on which the only duty and charges payable on incoming or outgoing goods are the normal rates levied by the English HMRC and the Steam Packet.

Online businesses would also find great global advantage by setting up premises in Royal Ramsey and enjoying the ultra fast Internet connectivity that comes along traditional copper wires fed from slightly crash-prone fibre optic bollards in our storm-lashed streets.

Archived