500 new jobs could be created...

Manx Bean

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The reason people are deserting this Island, and they are, is the ever increasing stealth taxes coupled with fuel, and energy, housing costs and very poor governance, in short the Isle is FOOKED

That and the island is cold, wet and full of miserable bastards. We've also made ourselves one of the most regulated places in the world which is great for the compliance industry but does fuck all for new business.

Effectively, Globetrotter is - through his 'partnership with business' - using public money to subsidise the growth of private sector businesses

My view is that in a world increasingly without traditional jobs, taxpayers funds would be more effectively invested in hitech & renewables based enterprises which have good returns & don't necessarily require an enormous labour input

It's worth pointing out that the 500 figure is actually a drop from the 550 Quayle announced in his Programme for Government speech:

I am told by the Minister for Economic Development that we have around 550 potential new jobs from companies looking to set up in the Isle of Man. Not only that, but our Enterprise Development Scheme has received over 100 enquiries from businesses on and off Island.

Apparently if you put up a sign saying "Free Money" some people are interested. Who knew?

Of course 'potential' is just another way of saying 'up to' and we all know that whenever you're presented with a figure of 'up to N' that range of figures always includes the number zero.

'' My view is that in a world increasingly without traditional jobs, taxpayers funds would be more effectively invested in hitech & renewables based enterprises which have good returns & don't necessarily require an enormous labour input ''

Zero Corp Tax and little I-Tax! The gain being?

Archived