Using your real name

rmanx

Using real names on MF  

68 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Although he occasionally is personally held to account for others actions...even if he isn't immediately involved...guilty by association if you will

Indeed. Not only held to account but subject to screaming, hysterical abuse for stating a common sense opinion or taking a perfectly reasonable position. I told him a couple of times it's not worth it.

However, opinions being the subjective thing that they are...

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We're reaching a stage in society now where, for example, anyone who says anything about Trump or Brexit that isn't negative is denounced as being a fascist or xenophobic or racist, even thought these events were voted in by a majority.

I can certainly see why people would like to remain anonymous, especially if they had a business for example whose reputation could be ruined by a few idiots who have no concept of the consequences of their actions.

Or alternatively a reputation ruined by their own hand by saying or doing something that is considered undesirable by decent society

We're reaching a stage in society now where, for example, anyone who says anything about Trump or Brexit that isn't negative is denounced as being a fascist or xenophobic or racist, even thought these events were voted in by a majority.

I can certainly see why people would like to remain anonymous, especially if they had a business for example whose reputation could be ruined by a few idiots who have no concept of the consequences of their actions.

Or alternatively a reputation ruined by their own hand by saying or doing something that is considered undesirable by decent society

You've made my point for me beautifully. Thank you.

I thought we were all set to win the "Most Stupid Decision Made By A Country 2016" award but then we were soundly trumped by The US of A.

Well it has happened on here and they couldn't hide behind their username anyway! So how much do they really matter?

Iirc someone took a pop at an HNWI who had a bit of a rep shall we say. Now sadly departed from this world - I wish him well. As part of their penance for such temerity the miscreant had to come on here, fess up their real name, make a grovelling apology and donate £1000 to charity.

Frankly, in the light of other events, imho they were lucky to get away with just that!

Edit for woody2 grammar.

Lxxx is right. I've been several times defamed by morons on FB for defending Trump. I can understand why people wouldn't want that abuse. I feel bullied into not posting on Trump at all, as they all gang up on you and no rational debate is possible. Anti-Trump mania is becoming a cult.

Lxxx is right. I've been several times defamed by morons on FB for defending Trump. I can understand why people wouldn't want that abuse. I feel bullied into not posting on Trump at all, as they all gang up on you and no rational debate is possible. Anti-Trump mania is becoming a cult.

Well you must admit Trump is a target rich environment.

You don't even have to defend Trump or Brexit, just not agreeing unconditionally is usually enough to set off the warning bells in the heads of otherwise rational individuals.

You're absolutely correct about the cult-like mindset. Most aren't even aware they're under it.

Well you must admit Trump is a target rich environment.

Typical of the attitude. The likes of Trump and Brexiteers are fair game because they are obviously a crazy malign force that any reasonable person should want to attack. On the other hand it is impolite, politically incorrect and bordering on insane to attack the liberal narrative.

Rubbish. It's expression of free speech for people to disagree which is all we are doing. Same as Brexit which was almost 50/50. There is no clear (overriding) majority in either vote and if you look at Trump now it's maybe no different to Hitler in 1933. He might be good for America (as Hitler was in rebuilding Germany after the failure of the Weimar Republic) but a few years down the line the threats and the global instability is going to be extreme. He's going to threaten or piss off every major country in the planet in an attempt to make America great again. George W Bush was a fucking idiot who plunged the US into a complete quagmire in the Middle East. Even he has nothing on the potential of Trump.

Archived