Using your real name

rmanx

Using real names on MF  

68 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Yup this thread has run its course.

Just like most threads end in angry Trump or Brexit rantings by Lxxx, Woolley, Quilp, Tarne, Woody2 or Notwell.

This one starts off as a poll on would you use your real name on here and ends in a protracted Trump diatribe by a bunch of mongoloids.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just like most threads end in angry Trump or Brexit rantings by Lxxx, Woolley, Quilp, Tarne, Woody2 or Notwell.

This one starts off as a poll on would you use your real name on here and ends in a protracted Trump diatribe by a bunch of mongoloids.

Give it a rest.

Give it a rest.

Give what a rest? You all clearly have the same stupid views about Brexit and Donald Trump.

That's all I said.

We're reaching a stage in society now where, for example, anyone who says anything about Trump or Brexit that isn't negative is denounced as being a fascist or xenophobic or racist, even thought these events were voted in by a majority.

I can certainly see why people would like to remain anonymous, especially if they had a business for example whose reputation could be ruined by a few idiots who have no concept of the consequences of their actions.

Neither event was voted in by a majority silly. Brexit was a majority of the people who bothered to vote, but Trump didn't even manage that!

Give it a rest.

Give what a rest? You all clearly have the same stupid views about Brexit and Donald Trump.

That's all I said.

Well it's an improvement on us all being the same stupid person, I suppose. Well done.

I virtually do use my own name - I've never tried to make a secret on here of who I am or what I do, and I don't have any other accounts. It makes you think about what you post, rather than just mouthing off abuse that may be the first thing that comes into your head. I don't think I've been trolled at all because of it.

I prefer Declan to my real name.

It's been used IRL for thirty years and since about 2000 on various local forums, email addresses, twitter, for my music, it was on the back of my shirt when I played football, and on posters when I played gigs.

I use my real name on Facebook for anonymity reasons.

I reckon it's a pretty safe bet that you wouldn't be so handy with the "mongoloids" shit if you weren't anonymous. Of course, I could be wrong - perhaps you are that stupid?

Archived