Driving in broad daylight with bright lights on

llap

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My grovelling apologies to all those I have accidentally misled.... smile.png

You have a Volvo? Do they still come with a flat cap, car coat and a lease for the middle lane of any motorway, autoroute, autopista etc etc....?

In the seventies research by Volvo showed that DRL's reduce accidents.

They've had them fitted as standard since 1977.

I remember the first ones. Even the owners cursed them because people kept telling them their lights were on. Of course it was the bridgehead, the thin end of the wedge. Now people are driving around in things lit up like bloody christmas trees and they think it's safe and cool.

My grovelling apologies to all those I have accidentally misled.... smile.png

You have a Volvo? Do they still come with a flat cap, car coat and a lease for the middle lane of any motorway, autoroute, autopista etc etc....?

.....dunno about those things, it does 0-60 in just over 7 seconds, around 130 mph top speed, 4wd, a dog/goods guard as standard, is very comfy, handles well, has good roadholding, brakes work very well, in short..............does everything I want from a car............

Oh yes, I also have a very modified off roader which deffo isn't a Volvo. although the swiss army Volvo 4x4 and 6x6 are beasts indeed...........flowers.gif

1) google

2) if you can see the head lights, you can see the car.

With sidelights you see the car before the lights, which makes it dangerous/a waste of time using them. (But this is a thread about driving with headlights, not sidelights)

Now people are driving around in things lit up like bloody christmas trees and they think it's safe and cool.

No, some have no choice whether you think it's safe and cool or not.

I've tried everything to get the daytime running lights to switch off on Mrs bikers car. You can't.

Why do so many people in the morning have their lights on full blast even though it's broad daylight? It's got to be wasting their batteries and it causes people who look at the lights to get a headache. Are people blind or something?

If the lights appear bright enough to give you a headache it can't be broad daylight out.

Archived