Driving in broad daylight with bright lights on

llap

My running lights (dipped headlights) are on all the time, I have no choice because that's the way vehicles are required to be by regulation these days. But since learning on this forum some time ago that it intensely annoys Woolley, I resolved to use main beam all day. Now lllap too, eh? Fog lights.

Yes. I think this thread is a wind up too, seeing as we've been around the subject so many times.

I do the same. Main beam whenever I see a retard approaching with lights on in broad daylight. "See" you later, Guzzi. thumbsup.gif

Meanwhile, of course, we are all by now persuaded that vehicles are totally invisible in daylight if they are not illuminated by headlamps. whatever.gif

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I assume that the headlight thing is something to do with peripheral vision, i.e. seeing a moving car when you're not really looking for one. I find it hard to believe that any headlights are bright enough to really bother the average person during the day. Of course if someone is looking for a reason to moan I'm sure they'll find a way.

The Dickhead motorists who annoy me are those who park on the pavement at the rear of the Co Op

in Onchan and then leave their headlights on full beam

as if that makes it OK to block the pavement

where are the traffic wardens when you need one

...........once again...............parking with headlamps on when dark is ILLEGAL ! and very dangerous..............as is parking facing the flow of traffic

at night.

many folks do this including delivery drivers and DOI, if facing oncoming traffic, their lights which dip to the left really do blind oncoming traffic.

.........the reasoning behind the law is

that if a car is facing the wrong way at night it's red reflectors are at the wrong end for passing traffic............equally, ignorance and arrogance are difficult to legislate for.

it's the cyclists with the 4 billion lumens xenon floodlights that quite irk me.

especially if there is one on the bike and one on the cyclists head , been forced to pull over and stop on a couple of occasions (Baldrine) as I was blinded.

it's the cyclists with the 4 billion lumens xenon floodlights that quite irk me.

especially if there is one on the bike and one on the cyclists head , been forced to pull over and stop on a couple of occasions (Baldrine) as I was blinded.

I know the feeling. Looks like a floodlit wobbly belly dancer coming towards you.

Once upon a time it was considered a courtesy to dip ones headlights when you perceived a vehicle coming toward you .

These days vehicles have a device which automatically dips the main beam when it encounters headlights on an approaching vehicle so the drivers of these vehicles rely on these 'features' which means that oncoming vehicles have a split second of full beam.

Once upon a time it was considered a courtesy to dip ones headlights when you perceived a vehicle coming toward you .

These days vehicles have a device which automatically dips the main beam when it encounters headlights on an approaching vehicle so the drivers of these vehicles rely on these 'features' which means that oncoming vehicles have a split second of full beam.

Driver error then

@paswt Shock horror but I agree that autodip is one modern convenience we can do without. Tried to use it a couple of times but it's so slow to react, I cancelled it within seconds.

As for the rest, the more light, the easier to see the dog poo. SImples!

ETA: Oh, and as Derren Brown might not say "Look around the light, don't look into the light"

Archived