High times ahead? Maybe not

Ham_N_Eggs

1 minute ago, Tarne said:

He is, he IS melting down. Look at him go. Come on hboy, go full retard again. Dooooo it. Meltdown like Chernobyl. It'll be great

You really are quite sad - i have not had a meltdown and neither would I either. 

Have you got an alcohol problem too? This place seems packed with bitter angry drunks most afternoon bashing out their insecurities and paranoia. I suppose that's what happens when you have too many civil servants pretending to work who have to make up fictitious names on an Internet forum to pass the time and break the monotony of their drunk under achieving lives. 

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, notwell said:

The report states what the factual position is surely?  The facts, in relation to the current law and enforcement regime, surely need to be on the table to have the wider debate about whether to deciminilise something or not and the impact it has on the current position?

But this report doesn't seem to be just about facts but strategy - the outline of what should be done.  You'd hope that it would be based on facts, but any consideration of a change in policy should start from them as well and the same figures will be available to it.  I don't actually think that the strategy report should be held up incidentally (and didn't say so) I was just pointing out that the argument being used would work better against it than a committee considering a change in policy.

I agree Allinson probably won't give up on this, but the whole episode is just another example of the usual suspects kicking the can down the road.  They're not even avoiding difficult decisions, they're avoiding even thinking about difficult decisions.

3 hours ago, Andy Onchan said:

I'd much rather our 'farmers' grew food, for all.

A field or farmer you do not need to grow the finest weed from seed. The farmers can carry on as before, doing what they do best.  

I should point out you guys are mentioning the farmers on the Isle of Man growing legal cannabis because it'd be easy for them to do with their equipment etc... so why wouldn't there be farmers doing it already? 

35 minutes ago, Tarne said:

I should point out you guys are mentioning the farmers on the Isle of Man growing legal cannabis because it'd be easy for them to do with their equipment etc... so why wouldn't there be farmers doing it already? 

I would imagine because it's currently illegal to do so? There's no point in growing a crop nobody can legally sell. 

On ‎12‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 5:56 PM, Tarne said:

Lib Dems would run "a legally regulated cannabis market". Good to see they haven't lost all their charming eccentricity! 

What is eccentric about that?  Several states in America are running legally regulated cannabis markets and are making money hand over fist, all the while seeing the benefits of a change in the law with regards to cannabis.

Archived