How do you live without a god?

La Colombe

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, JackCarter said:

I live pretty bloody easily without a God and all that false fire and brimstone shite in my life.

That's just one particular god from one specific religion. There are many others and indeed you can believe in God or gods without belonging to any religion or subscribing to any driveling religious text. You can also believe in a supreme being or higher intelligence and use the word "God" while not believing in the existence of the definition of a "God" as promoted by any religions. I personally do believe in a higher intelligence, but I don't believe in religion. I believe this higher intelligence is interconnected with us, existing within us, and not just an outside force, i.e. similar to Star Wars "the force".

1 minute ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Religion and atheism have no place influencing kids at school.

R.E. classes should cover all the bases equally and independently...and let people decide for themselves at 18.

Or let them not not decide at all if they decide to. 

28 minutes ago, Fuller K Rapp said:

That's just one particular god from one specific religion. There are many others and indeed you can believe in God or gods without belonging to any religion or subscribing to any driveling religious text. You can also believe in a supreme being or higher intelligence and use the word "God" while not believing in the existence of the definition of a "God" as promoted by any religions. I personally do believe in a higher intelligence, but I don't believe in religion. I believe this higher intelligence is interconnected with us, existing within us, and not just an outside force, i.e. similar to Star Wars "the force".

You sound like a Scientologist you're that full of shit. 

RE at school, for me, was provided by a CofE vicar, who made a point of teaching us about many of the more well known religions, in an even handed manner.

Personally, the more I read about man's inhumanity to man, in the name of a higher "intelligence", the less I feel inclined to believe that any god could exist.

For instance, without dwelling on suicide bombers and their like, who could possibly condone Shariah Law, where homosexuals are flogged almost to death, and women who have done no more than look at a man are stoned to death.

Yeah, I have to say that being god-free makes life a lot easier.  And it saves all the expense of serving your strangely un god-like human masters.

23 minutes ago, monasqueen said:

RE at school, for me, was provided by a CofE vicar, who made a point of teaching us about many of the more well known religions, in an even handed manner.

Personally, the more I read about man's inhumanity to man, in the name of a higher "intelligence", the less I feel inclined to believe that any god could exist.

For instance, without dwelling on suicide bombers and their like, who could possibly condone Shariah Law, where homosexuals are flogged almost to death, and women who have done no more than look at a man are stoned to death.

it was much easier under paganism, when you could worship any god you liked, instead of this "one god" nonsense.  Back then you could kill and maim whoever you liked in your own name instead of blaming it on a god.

Archived