Police vs Castletown Festival

TheTeapot

3 minutes ago, 2112 said:
1 hour ago, JOE450 said:

They say they are very busy with financial crime, you would think that would be the remit of the financial supervision people or what ever they call them selves these days. I know they are very short of people and also lack of money. Its 1 of those jobs where wages are the biggest chunk of the budget, so little room to do much if short of readies

I thought those Plod retiring would be sent to Financial Crime? Or are they getting nice civil service roles, given to them, no interviews etc? Mind you Financial Crime solving involves intelligent analysis and problem solving skills, along with forensic accounting skills. Judging by the Castletown Carnival/Festival fiasco, I would argue that intelligence and analysis are in very short supply at the top of the Constabulary. Common Sense went out of the window years ago. It's now run by bullying, cowardly and inept glorified civil servants, way past their best, in terms of modern policing. The Constabulary need a mass clearout. Perhaps bring in a Chief Constable from a North West force. 

Is somebody getting a little mixed up here in the race to condemn the police.

I thought the Financial Crime Unit was part of the Police Service, so any retiring Policemen would not be able to join that division.

The Financial Supervision Commission on the other hand is a part of the Civil Service and not some sort of detective group.

How can they ever get mixed up ?

4 hours ago, paswt said:

Spot on 2112 .

In relation to Jurby Day one could be forgiven for thinking that the powers that be are perhaps intent on taking the event over as another example of a chance for a bit of "empire building" by LG/CGov jobsworths .

If they are successful in stealing the event I suspect it will fail , the only "winners" will be the jobsworths who have had a salary increase "commensurate with the responsibility of running the event" and , initially , our political masters who will be at the event "giving it large"

What's the betting they will have a licensed VIP tent for the usual suspects?:lol:

The VMCC MGP Rally used to organise a parade lap for it's members which I understand now has been taken over by the Government  and surprisingly is more expensive (The Local VMCC made no money from the event).  

Would it not be in everyone's interests for the Government to oversee the event and cover any potential major loss / claim/ litigation etc. ? Jurby is a Government owned property anyway, so surely it must help you in the long run, rather than hinder.

10 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Is somebody getting a little mixed up here in the race to condemn the police.

I thought the Financial Crime Unit was part of the Police Service, so any retiring Policemen would not be able to join that division.

The Financial Supervision Commission on the other hand is a part of the Civil Service and not some sort of detective group.

How can they ever get mixed up ?

The FSC (FSA) isn't civil service it's a statutory authority. The FCU is a branch of the police force. Maybe you should get your facts right too? 

7 minutes ago, hboy said:

The FSC (FSA) isn't civil service it's a statutory authority. The FCU is a branch of the police force. Maybe you should get your facts right too? 

7 minutes ago, hboy said:

Really ???. Very slight difference in standing then for the FSC ( still a Gov paid job and not in the police service). Still not a police job, so I was correct first time. Knob

4 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Really ???. Very slight difference in standing then for the FSC ( still a Gov paid job and not in the police service). Still not a police job, so I was correct first time. Knob

It isn't a civil service job as you claimed. Far from it - thats the whole point of it being a separate statutory authority/board which comprises of government and non government members to oversee it.

I think you will find that you're the knob. 

Edited by hboy

21 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Would it not be in everyone's interests for the Government to oversee the event and cover any potential major loss / claim/ litigation etc. ? Jurby is a Government owned property anyway, so surely it must help you in the long run, rather than hinder.

heaven forbid, volunteers would desert in droves if gov got their mits on it

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, hboy said:

It isn't a civil service job as you claimed. Far from it - thats the whole point of it being a separate statutory authority/board which comprises of government and non government members to oversee it.

I think you will find that you're the knob. 

Whatever you say Jack.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, gettafa said:

Spud would be a Chief Superintendant by now. Last I saw him, nearly 20 years ago, he said he was out of the force and raking it in. Like the rest of 'em.

Still banging his drum....

DSCF0048.JPG

• Like 2

......there are quite a few sincere, hard working, conscientious police folk totally hindered by an archaic, not fit for purpose, bullying, management structure that seems to favour promotion by cow towing to establishment rather than by results and work ethic.............after the sergeant's exam has been passed....................this of course is just my opinion........................I'll wait for the knock on the door now.............:huh:

Edited by doc.fixit
  • Like 7