Police vs Castletown Festival

TheTeapot

I don't get it. I've been there with my kids in the past of an evening. I might even have gone tomorrow. They're just being mean miserable wankers because they'd prefer not to deal with some happy (and probably tired and emotional) teenagers, who will still be there. Its bizarre. Castletown doesn't have much going for it at the moment, and when they try and put something on these nobbers put a stop to it. 

Edited by TheTeapot
  • Like 3

It would be interesting if the Festival Organisers were to decide to take a civil action against the police and perhaps name the officer concerned ( as a 'second respondent' , if he/she was on a "frolic of their own"). It is not unknown for an employee to take a high handed and cavalier attitude on the assumption that they can hide behind the "body corporate".

That said I have no knowledge of the festival and I am assuming that there have been no problems in the past at the event.

• Like 1

They should be in the churches praying...not engaging in these heathen festivities....the upstanding pillars of our community are just saving these poor misguided souls from themselves and eternal damnation.

• Like 1

to state that 'no families' attended is a rather sweeping statement, did they identify every person attending previous events and check the relationship between them ? people can have family members who are not children but are still family.

whoever 'Police' set this off wants their bumps felt, or go on gardening leave, I just wonder how far up the chain of command it came from

• Like 1

I heard on the grapevine it is music licence, living in castletown 18 years, it has gone ahead that long without one, I think they are being jobsworths

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tempus Fugit said:

if you read the original post, you will see they are exempt from needing a muusic licence

If you read the original post, the statement seems to say that today was the festival 4th.

It's tomorrow isn't it the 5th?