labour

woody2

Agree the error was saying Neil would like the joke. Probably unnecessary in the context of the programme to tell it at all, but it's a dangerous precedent to say you can't quote something and say it is bad. 

I've never really understood why old men on forums and facebook so dislike Harriett Harman. She's always struck me as honest, competent and caring. Even if you don't agree with her politics surely their are more worthy figures from the New Labour era for your anger - John Reid, Peter Mandleson, Charles Clarke. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, woody2 said:

it back fired on harman last night....

You still seem to be misunderstanding the context in which she repeated the joke and what Andrew Neil got short tempered and huffy about. It's difficult to know whether you are doing that deliberately.

In your original post you represent this item completely out of context as if she had been telling the joke for laughs - rather than repeating it within a specific context.

But apart from us, nobody cares.

1 minute ago, Declan said:

Agree the error was saying Neil would like the joke. Probably unnecessary in the context of the programme to tell it at all, but it's a dangerous precedent to say you can't quote something and say it is bad. 

I've never really understood why old men on forums and facebook so dislike Harriett Harman. She's always struck me as honest, competent and caring. Even if you don't agree with her politics surely their are more worthy figures from the New Labour era for your anger - John Reid, Peter Mandleson, Charles Clarke. 

double standards, no good having a go at gove, then telling an unnecessary joke.... 

Just now, woody2 said:

double standards, no good having a go at gove, then telling an unnecessary joke.... 

No. Gove told a joke for giggles. She repeated a 'joke' as an example.

Perhaps you don't understand the difference.

1 minute ago, pongo said:

You still seem to be misunderstanding the context in which she repeated the joke and what Andrew Neil got short tempered and huffy about. It's difficult to know whether you are doing that deliberately.

In your original post you represent this item completely out of context as if she had been telling the joke for laughs - rather than repeating it within a specific context.

But apart from us, nobody cares.

wrong...

2 minutes ago, RIchard Britten said:

As if to prove my point perfectly...

But he is right. Much of the criticism of Israel is, directly or indirectly, antisemitic (and much of the criticism of Islam is essentially Islamophobic).

Archived