labour

woody2

3 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Apart from the one in 1956.

Egypt closed the Suez Canal to Israeli shipping. That was an act of war. They were also funding and arming terrorist organisations engaged in terrorism against Israel.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You make a good point Pongo. Reckless though the unions were, the problems of poor management pre-date the 60's and 70's. Even during the war we couldn't produce a decent tank until 1945 and thousands of British 'tankies' were sacrificed against far superior German armour. The cars we were producing in the 70's and early 80's were an embarrassment.

It wasn't so much the Suez canal that upset the Israelis (it upset the French and British an awful lot though), it was Egypt blocking the Straits of Tiran. Learning about the Suez Crisis way back in school was the first time I realised that conspiracy theories could actually be real. Anyway, I'm not sure I want to discuss history with you, you have some odd views.

11 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

It wasn't so much the Suez canal that upset the Israelis (it upset the French and British an awful lot though), it was Egypt blocking the Straits of Tiran. Learning about the Suez Crisis way back in school was the first time I realised that conspiracy theories could actually be real. Anyway, I'm not sure I want to discuss history with you, you have some odd views.

The blocking of Israeli access in both cases was a form of malicious economic warfare against Israel.

I think I first delved into the arena of "conspiracy theories" when I read in a WW2 book about the German false flag operation used as a pretext for the invasion of Poland. 

What conspiracy are you referring to?

Archived