labour

woody2

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Harriet Harman urged to apologise for 'staggering judgement error' over joke

The chief executive of the Jewish Leadership Council Simon Johnson said: "I cannot recall being so disappointed in a politician. Harriet Harman must surely know better than to repeat a vile Holocaust joke, irrespective of the point she was trying to make. She must apologise and do so quickly. It is a staggering error of judgment."

Mr Neil later tweeted that he was "appalled and even a little bit upset by what she said".

He said: "What was wrong was 1) Even to tell that so called joke on live TV. 2) Claim I would like the joke. Appalling on both counts."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-41863815

The Labour party...

Dear God, where to begin :angry:

I'm decrepit enough to remember doing my homework by candle light in the 70s because of power cuts.  Industry brought to it's knees by empowered unions striking over the tiniest thing.  The recently departed Derek Robinson destroying British Leyland.  Scargill destroying the coal industry. 

This is the kind of politics that Corbyn and his sidekick McDonnell would return us to.  God help us all if this horrendous regime ever get into power, so altogether now to the tune of Seven Nation Army:

"Fuuuuuuccckkkkk Jeremy Corbyn.  Fuuuuuuuccckkkk Jeremy Corbyn....."  and so on.

Harman should resign.  End of...

40 minutes ago, The Phat Tog said:

I'm decrepit enough to remember doing my homework by candle light in the 70s because of power cuts.  Industry brought to it's knees by empowered unions striking over the tiniest thing.  The recently departed Derek Robinson destroying British Leyland.  Scargill destroying the coal industry. 

I loved the power cuts. It was exciting and fun.

And let’s be honest. The unions were daft - but it was cheap Communist coal from Poland that did for the mines. And a lack of investment after the war and up through the 60s that destroyed the old car industry - and much of British industry in general.

33 minutes ago, pongo said:

I loved the power cuts. It was exciting and fun.

And let’s be honest. The unions were daft - but it was cheap Communist coal from Poland that did for the mines. And a lack of investment after the war and up through the 60s that destroyed the old car industry - and much of British industry in general.

Would it be accurate to say the car industry went downhill because of steel being cheaper to produce in East Asia and the United States, and Labour and the unions were demanding that the Government continue to subsidise the steel and coal industry on the grounds that it maximised employment, even though it ultimately wasn't making a profit and was putting the country into debt?

8 hours ago, pongo said:

Israel has been under constant threat since the Arab League countries invaded in 1948 in opposition to the UN plan. Fundamental opposition to the existence of Israel has been cause of all future wars and occupations. It's the main reason why so many people across the region have been displaced. And its the reason why mainstream Israeli politics often seems so relatively hawkish.

Apart from the one in 1956.

I don’t know the answer to that llap.

What I do know is that the unions were not responsible for the Austin Allegro, the Maxi, the Marina etc. Or the TR7. Not when you look at the great cars which Ford were turning out at the time in competition (and they were often on strike too).

Archived