Union strikes another devastating blow to IOMG

localyokel

2 minutes ago, Declan said:

So are you suggesting there should be no free or subsidised fares?

I expect Tynwald will get around to that eventually. But that won't affect me since I already pay full fare. 

but not the cost....

1 minute ago, Andy Onchan said:

In which case, there'd be no service.

fantastic.....

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, woody2 said:

running empty buses,trams and trains is never a good thing....

The last bus is often almost full. I guarantee it would be just as full if there was another one an hour later.

I don’t really care about the trains since they are not a viable form of public transport.

1 minute ago, woody2 said:

yes the £5m it costs to run a year:rolleyes:

But that includes the cost of providing free transport to certain groups, including all those school buses. 

But if you look at the commuter bus service in isolation, does that make a loss? 

From the Minutes of 10th October 2012 page 3 , interesting to see the view of some senior civil servants to civil service remuneration

• Mr Longworth advised the meeting of his salary advising that comparative to the UK he was underpaid

• Mr Callister advised the meeting that Civil Servants were poorly paid compared to comparative islands of Jersey and Guernsey and that it was difficult to compare to the UK

•Mr Callister advised Civil Servants were paid ‘peanuts’ compared to the Private Sector

•Mr Black advised the meeting of his salary, supervising 1000 staff, regularly working 7 days from 8am to 8pm and did not feel he was ripping off the tax payer

•Mr Longworth advised that the bus drivers pay was ‘on the high side’

Archived