Union strikes another devastating blow to IOMG

localyokel

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, TheTeapot said:

They also announce the Mann cat sanctuary and the home of rest for old horses. I can sort of see the point if its at TT week or something but is there really any need on the 7.10 no1 service in the middle of winter?

Does it really matter ? I mean, fucking really? It is a short 5 second announcement. get over it ................................and yourself.

3 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

They also announce the Mann cat sanctuary and the home of rest for old horses. I can sort of see the point if its at TT week or something but is there really any need on the 7.10 no1 service in the middle of winter?

It is a tourist attraction. I imagine all the London bus drivers who have to announce “Buckingham Palace” 20 Times a day find it a bit boring too. But it’s on the main airport route so I assume it’s a good thing to point out tourist attractions to tourists? 

Tourists? London bus-drivers don't make announcements, the buses are equipped with ibus technology which uses prerecorded announcements complete with a choice of regional accents in three genders (probably). Cheap and simple to run, no distraction for the driver. 

14 minutes ago, localyokel said:

It is a tourist attraction. I imagine all the London bus drivers who have to announce “Buckingham Palace” 20 Times a day find it a bit boring too. But it’s on the main airport route so I assume it’s a good thing to point out tourist attractions to tourists? 

If that's a tourist attraction it's no wonder we have no tourists!

7 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

... is there really any need on the 7.10 no1 service in the middle of winter?

Period announcements of "this bus driver earns more than a qualified nurse and probably more than you too, and with the aid of piss poor managers is helping costing you the taxpayer around 5 million quid a year" might start waking the public up even at this time of the morning.

8 hours ago, localyokel said:

So the recording for saying “Hello, Fairies” is apparently a bit irritating so it’s become a big issue when you’re driving round an empty bus all day.

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/article.cfm?id=37020&headline=Bus drivers don't like to say hello to the fairies&sectionIs=NEWS&searchyear=2017

From a regular paying passenger’s point of view it’s intrusive. Not just this but the instruction to stay in your seat at the passenger terminal. Or Colby Bridge where it suggests getting off here for Colby football pitch. 

Does it need to be so loud? Does it need to be so bossy? I was saying hello to the fairies long before the civil service decided I needed ordering to do so. At 7 am?

It’s about time Longwith realised commuters are the only people paying to ride the buses and treat them as customers. Enhance that experience and it’ll improve their bottom line. 

I believe I do. 

The shortfall in revenue is because as a society we decide to give OAPs and kids on the way to school free passes. I believe that is correct and I am happy to pay my contribution for that through my taxes. 

Archived