Supertour 2018

The Duck of Atholl

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well that took longer than expected...

what have I done? Organized a visit of some supercars. Like have been coming for the last 20 odd years. Just with an effort to upscale the gig, show the Island off, and hopefully generate a bit of inward investment.

Of course, we’ve thought none of it through. No safety plans, risk assessments or briefings. Active encouragement of drink driving, hoon around, do what you like and make a nuisance of yourself. 

Terrible isn’t it? 

2 minutes ago, The Duck of Atholl said:

Best of luck to you, you'd better dig in deep though. Making money out of using the island's roads as a playground for the spoilt rich at the taxpayer's expense will ruffle feathers

I certainly hope he is paying a good whack out of his own pocket to the Police and other Government Departments for the costs of policing and managing the road closures. What he’s charging is on the website. If some rich idiot wants to pay thousands of pounds to Derek Flint do a Cannon Ball Run in his Lambo then I would hope that the Manx taxpayer is adequately compensated for the inconvenience. It’s nit like it’s the TT when there are wider benefits for a wider section of the economy. This seems to be an event that will profit Derek Flint and his business partners and that’s it. 

2 minutes ago, Kevmeister said:

I certainly hope he is paying a good whack out of his own pocket to the Police and other Government Departments for the costs of policing and managing the road closures. What he’s charging is on the website. If some rich idiot wants to pay thousands of pounds to Derek Flint do a Cannon Ball Run in his Lambo then I would hope that the Manx taxpayer is adequately compensated for the inconvenience. It’s nit like it’s the TT when there are wider benefits for a wider section of the economy. This seems to be an event that will profit Derek Flint and his business partners and that’s it. 

Not to mention the cost of repairs to the drivers by the island's health service.

4 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

I’ll just let this nonsense run. Enjoy!

You mean you’re stopping commenting as you don’t have an answer to why the Manx taxpayer should underwrite putting a substantial amount of money into your pocket? I think the questions are perfectly reasonable. It’s about £4000 a car plus a lot of extras. So 30 cars is £120,000 that goes direct into your pocket. Why should we put up with the cost and the inconvenience for free so that you earn money? 

Archived