Supertour 2018

The Duck of Atholl

3 minutes ago, homarus said:

Still all for it me, I'd love to see something different, like it or not supercars are eyecatchers and will attract attention .

So many  crabs on here ,both manx  non-manx  complaining about the cost to the taxpayer ,but at  least this initiative has some chance of bringing in  revenue and publicity, unlike the policy of overstaffing the CS and spunking millions on people who produce nothing but hot air !

Just to clarify I’m all for the event. I just think they should be paying the full cost of the time spent policing and managing the road closures etc. Thats all. 

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, homarus said:

Still all for it me, I'd love to see something different, like it or not supercars are eyecatchers and will attract attention .

So many  crabs on here ,both manx  non-manx  complaining about the cost to the taxpayer ,but at  least this initiative has some chance of bringing in  revenue and publicity, unlike the policy of overstaffing the CS and spunking millions on people who produce nothing but hot air !

Interesting, two questions

1. who is manx and who is non manx on here?

2. what is the relevance of being manx or non manx to this subject?

16 minutes ago, The Duck of Atholl said:

Interesting, two questions

1. who is manx and who is non manx on here?

2. what is the relevance of being manx or non manx to this subject?

1. Unquantifiable but reasonably easy to ascertain.

2.  If you're Manx you will have a better understanding of how  tough life could be on this Island before the financial sector arrived and how important it was to maximize all avenues to create revenue. A  monkey can see that we are heading for harder times (as evidenced by multiple threads on here) and need to diversify.

The relevance of being non Manx ? Simple really ,you don't have the memories of the hard times .And in a  lot of cases  you will blow out when the shit hits the fan just as quickly as you blew in ,in the good times!

2 minutes ago, quilp said:

Yes, from high prominence to page 94 in an instant...

It's suspicious for sure, there definitely seems to be a policy on the Isle of Man of losing unpalatable stories without actually deleting them. I personally believe that for whatever reasons Manx Forums are instrumental in executing this policy, hence this bizarre thread and the closing down of posters quoting news stories in their entirety. For posterity and that. Corkish Lite I like to call it! Could be wrong though. 

9 minutes ago, homarus said:

1. Unquantifiable but reasonably easy to ascertain.

2.  If you're Manx you will have a better understanding of how  tough life could be on this Island before the financial sector arrived and how important it was to maximize all avenues to create revenue. A  monkey can see that we are heading for harder times (as evidenced by multiple threads on here) and need to diversify.

The relevance of being non Manx ? Simple really ,you don't have the memories of the hard times .And in a  lot of cases  you will blow out when the shit hits the fan just as quickly as you blew in ,in the good times!

You make a good point but this isn't creating revenue except for a private company. If it puts some cash back to the Govt for using a valuable asset (public roads) I'm all for it

Archived