Supertour 2018

The Duck of Atholl

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Derek Flint said:

Take it as you like. It was a question, not an answer. 

But I asked you a question first which you failed to answer. Are you paying the full costs of putting on the road based events and the road closures and any policing requirements around the road based events? 

Just now, Kevmeister said:

But I asked you a question first which you failed to answer. Are you paying the full costs of putting on the road based events and the road closures and any policing requirements around the road based events? 

Organise an event, satisfy the law, regulations, insurers and authorities, and you can find out. 

We aren't being treated any differently than anyone else. Hope that helps.

1 hour ago, quilp said:

Except if it's about fishing rights eh? From one blow-hard to another.... 

All water under the nunnery bridge now quilp !

5 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

Organise an event, satisfy the law, regulations, insurers and authorities, and you can find out. 

We aren't being treated any differently than anyone else. Hope that helps.

That evasive answer tells me all I need to know; you’re paying diddly squat and you can’t even be honest enough to admit it. 

49 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

Have you reported the evidence of that to Professional Standards? 

you must be fucking joking Flinty, I'm not putting a target on my back for all and sundry to attack,and by the way my "sources" are impeccable with the griff on the thief in police ranks.

3 minutes ago, twinkle said:

... by the way my "sources" are impeccable with the griff on the thief in police ranks.

You could have raised such matters when oor Flinty was on the inside. Bit late now. To be fair, I think you will find that certain bobbies were a bit nervous about having someone in the force with standards on such matters way above theirs.

3 minutes ago, Kevmeister said:

That evasive answer tells me all I need to know; you’re paying diddly squat and you can’t even be honest enough to admit it. 

You read into it what you like. 

We are being treated in exactly the same way as anyone else; TT, FOM, Rally, S100, BAC Mono when they came last year, et cetera. 

Why not write to your MHK in outrage?

1 minute ago, Andy Onchan said:

Thanks.... so it's a homegrown initiative then, not an existing global brand.

Having had a good read through the website when it was originally launched,  I was quite taken with the fact that I didn't have any "have they thought of..." moments.  it looks very professional and thorough.

I wish them every success in their venture and I hope the weather is good for them!

6 minutes ago, twinkle said:

you must be fucking joking Flinty, I'm not putting a target on my back for all and sundry to attack,and by the way my "sources" are impeccable with the griff on the thief in police ranks.

That's a shame, because if the evidence is there I can guarantee they'll be given no quarter. Why don't you feed it in anonymously? It at least provides an investigative starting point. 

If you drop me a line I'd be happy to do it for you. Nobody likes allegations like that hanging in the air. 

2 minutes ago, Bobbie Bobster said:

Having had a good read through the website when it was originally launched,  I was quite taken with the fact that I didn't have any "have they thought of..." moments.  it looks very professional and thorough.

I wish them every success in their venture and I hope the weather is good for them!

Yea ,should be some really cool shots of supercars going over the iconic stretches of the TT course and generate great publicity .

Just like Jeremy used to do ,before our esteemed fuckwits pissed him off!

Archived