Supertour 2018

The Duck of Atholl

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, Kevmeister said:

Because you haven’t explicitly said that you are. 

So are you explicitly and unambiguously saying you are paying the full costs of putting on the event on closed roads and the associated policing costs? 

what policing costs?

1 hour ago, La Colombe said:

Yes, thanks for that, it's a tad hard to locate that particular item on that site, considering how prominent it was initially. Mind you, the comments section was full of the usual crabs and keyboard warriors so I guess it doesn't matter... 

1 hour ago, La Colombe said:

Not being funny Derek, but do they let you keep your uniform. Brush it off now and again and go through a few memories in front of the mirror and that.

It's just that the label to the photo says former inspector, and there you are in your Number Twos and all medalled up.

Good luck with whatever it is your doing btw. Hope it all works out.

1 minute ago, gettafa said:

Not being funny Derek, but do they let you keep your uniform. Brush it off now and again and go through a few memories in front of the mirror and that.

It's just that the label to the photo says former inspector, and there you are in your Number Twos and all medalled up.

Good luck with whatever it is your doing btw. Hope it all works out.

Nope - that is a number 1 uniform, and is in a lovely Met Barathea cloth, which was passed on to me by a similarly framed Superintendent, and is now gracing the shoulders of a man I tip for the top of the force one day. 

I recall someone dressing up in a uniform they were no longer entitled to wear a while back and they started wandering round pubs with it on. It didn't end well. 

Archived