Supertour 2018

The Duck of Atholl

4 minutes ago, homarus said:

1. Unquantifiable but reasonably easy to ascertain.

2.  If you're Manx you will have a better understanding of how  tough life could be on this Island before the financial sector arrived and how important it was to maximize all avenues to create revenue. A  monkey can see that we are heading for harder times (as evidenced by multiple threads on here) and need to diversify.

The relevance of being non Manx ? Simple really ,you don't have the memories of the hard times .And in a  lot of cases  you will blow out when the shit hits the fan just as quickly as you blew in ,in the good times!

I don't wish to personally attack Mr Flint but on his website he makes a big point of being a come-over himself. His grandparents came over to the Island in the 80s and he says they did that to avoid paying too much to the UK chancellor in taxes. Me - I say there's absolutely nothing wrong with that and I'd have done the same thing in their position. However, with the recent Panorama programmes about the Panama papers and all the tax evading publicity there has been, I wonder what the BBC, Private Eye et al would make of an ex-police officer from a tax avoiding (not evading) family cashing in on the very tax payers they joined when they first came here?

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

From what I can see Derek, the major flaw in your plans was not getting permission from MF and IOM today members...:thumbsup:

It's not that though Neil, funny as your comment is. It's the assumption that it's ok to continue road closures, congestion and possible other mayhem with impunity straight after enduring much the same as the previous fortnight. 

11 minutes ago, homarus said:

1. Unquantifiable but reasonably easy to ascertain.

2.  If you're Manx you will have a better understanding of how  tough life could be on this Island before the financial sector arrived and how important it was to maximize all avenues to create revenue. A  monkey can see that we are heading for harder times (as evidenced by multiple threads on here) and need to diversify.

The relevance of being non Manx ? Simple really ,you don't have the memories of the hard times .And in a  lot of cases  you will blow out when the shit hits the fan just as quickly as you blew in ,in the good times!

That's not a description of being Manx, it's a description of being old.

29 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

What makes you think we aren’t?

Because you haven’t explicitly said that you are. 

So are you explicitly and unambiguously saying you are paying the full costs of putting on the event on closed roads and the associated policing costs? 

Good old Cee Gee will absolutely love this.

Personally I couldn't give a shit. More road closures, disruption, death, the island as a playground for rich people, so what? Got to use all that nice tarmac on the Sloc for something

Archived