TT2018 - entertainment, tents and that

gettafa

Had a look at both today. Bushey's looks at a music venue with a beer tent, Hooded Ram looks like a beer tent with a stage. To me if you are going for music then Bushey's has the better venue. If you are there for a beer, chat and watching the world go by then Hooded Ram.

Personally I prefer going to a pub for a few beers so I do not really fine either over appealing which obviously influences my view that Bushey's or anybody else should be able to use the Villa Marina Gardens as a venue for a beer tent. Used to be a lovely place to go with the kids having got an ice cream to sit in the sun and laze around on the grass etc. Now even the areas that are not fenced off or under matting are virtually all covered with wood chipping which presumably will get treaded into the grass so the effect will be felt for the rest of the summer. You could even go on the colonnade and watch the world go by this afternoon.     

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, 2112 said:

Ive heard from one or two people who have been to the Busheys tent, it’s costs £2 admission fee, and £4.50 a pint. I don’t know whether it’s true or hearsay. 

It's bullshit, that's what it is...

2 hours ago, 2112 said:

Ive heard from one or two people who have been to the Busheys tent, it’s costs £2 admission fee, and £4.50 a pint. I don’t know whether it’s true or hearsay. 

It was a charity night last night so there would have been a charge, there always has been on the charity night. The £4.50 is rubbish though I got a pint and a half for that.

I've heard the sun is shining, there's loads of really happy visitors over & they are all having a great time and aren't really arsed if their pint of Bushy's, Hooded Ram or Okell's costs them £3.00 or £4.00 ...... Already the best TT in recent times and we are only 3 days in.

I dare say there are still some miserable local ******s wandering about with their cloaks of misery draped over them. 

Been to all three tents now, impressed with the Okells one at the grandstand, huge improvement on previous years, although the fuckers werent selling MPA. The Hooded Ram tent is a bit poor, but that Liberty East Coast beer is absolutely lovely, but Bushys win big time with the way theyve set out their 'tt village' and keeping their bitter at £3. 

On ‎5‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 11:21 AM, Nom de plume said:

I've heard the sun is shining, there's loads of really happy visitors over & they are all having a great time and aren't really arsed if their pint of Bushy's, Hooded Ram or Okell's costs them £3.00 or £4.00 ...... Already the best TT in recent times and we are only 3 days in.

I dare say there are still some miserable local ******s wandering about with their cloaks of misery draped over them. 

I reckon I am TT neutral these days, but you make a good point.

There have been some black moments in the racing, but the overall impression I get is that this is a good TT.

( that is taking nothing away from the tragic loss of Dan ) :(

1 hour ago, TheTeapot said:

Been to all three tents now, impressed with the Okells one at the grandstand, huge improvement on previous years, although the fuckers werent selling MPA. The Hooded Ram tent is a bit poor, but that Liberty East Coast beer is absolutely lovely, but Bushys win big time with the way theyve set out their 'tt village' and keeping their bitter at £3. 

Martin is winning hands down and the place has been rammed most nights. In comparison HR service has been appalling and it’s sort of taken on all the things that were wrong with Bushy’s by trying to imitate the Bushy’s template it too closely. Plus it has a very sad VIP room which is basically full of drunken bell-ends that nobody would want to mix with. It has clearly been a good opportunity for Martin to completely reassess his whole business model and substantially up his game to entertain his customers. You can literally see the cash rolling in. There have been queues to get in the last couple of nights after 10pm. 

34 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

I think the HR seriously underestimated the goodwill Bushys had built up. I think I did too. 

You could be right although I knew HR would have a hard job as there is without doubt a great loyalty to Martin.and rightly so.

having said that for a  first year effort in the Villa Bushys is very impressive and can only get better . Rammed as others have said with big queues to get in. Sort the queues out at the bar and he has it cracked  

6 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

I think the HR seriously underestimated the goodwill Bushys had built up. I think I did too. 

It certainly helps with the Bushey's venue being further up the prom. It's a lot less further to walk for those staying north of the Villa.

Archived