Cost of the TT & Festival of Motorsport?

Ham_N_Eggs

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, Declan said:

The purchase of the steam packet and the subsequent moving of that income stream to the treasury during TT should reduce or eliminate that £1m loss nicely.

But that income stream is being bought for the equivalent amount up front. Isn't it? So no net effect? 

50 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

What would be the cost of not having the TT & Festival of Motorsport?

A complete loss of identity.

The final step for the island into oblivion.

I tend to think a place’s identity is what happens 52 weeks of the year not 2 and defined by how the rest of the world sees it. 

I agree the TT is an element of the Manx identity and for some a massive part of it, but it wouldn’t destroy the Island’s identity if it ended. 

1 minute ago, La Colombe said:

But that income stream is being bought for the equivalent amount up front. Isn't it? So no net effect? 

Yes. But that’s not how it will appear in future iterations of this report is it? 

23 minutes ago, ecobob said:

Well, you kind of bend over, make an exaggerated throttle movement with your right hand and make the sound of a Manx Norton with your mouth. 

I'm pretty sure that's the international sign for "I'm mental".

30 minutes ago, Declan said:

The purchase of the steam packet and the subsequent moving of that income stream to the treasury during TT should reduce or eliminate that £1m loss nicely.

the racket is holding back the tt......

seen plenty of people trying to book for next year on social media but can't because its apparently sold out.....

or told to try again in february, yet people have said/ posted pics of half empty car decks and empty seating this year......

and even if you do get a booking they will only tell you what the deposit is not the full cost- never heard of this by any other ferry company.......

if boat capacity is the problem get another one hired now for next year= cash in the bank....

12 minutes ago, Declan said:

I tend to think a place’s identity is what happens 52 weeks of the year not 2 and defined by how the rest of the world sees it. 

I agree the TT is an element of the Manx identity and for some a massive part of it, but it wouldn’t destroy the Island’s identity if it ended. 

Or less?

Monaco is tax haven and F1

To be honest when I think of Monaco I think of Sun, Sea, Grace Kelly, Herbie and the Man Who Broke the Bank at Monte Carlo before those things.

Just I really think of tax dodgers and biking codgers when I think of the Island. 

13 minutes ago, woody2 said:

the racket is holding back the tt......

seen plenty of people trying to book for next year on social media but can't because its apparently sold out.....

or told to try again in february, yet people have said/ posted pics of half empty car decks and empty seating this year......

and even if you do get a booking they will only tell you what the deposit is not the full cost- never heard of this by any other ferry company.......

if boat capacity is the problem get another one hired now for next year= cash in the bank....

Not SPCs fault that everyone want to travel on the same day

1 hour ago, Declan said:

To be honest when I think of Monaco I think of Sun, Sea, Grace Kelly, Herbie and the Man Who Broke the Bank at Monte Carlo before those things.

Just I really think of tax dodgers and biking codgers when I think of the Island. 

And when people think of the IoM apart from the TT and tax haven status Monaco comparison, they think of sun, sea, Kate Beecroft, Howard and the man who broke Kaupthing Singer Freidlander ;) 

Archived