William Dunlop...

TheTeapot

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, La Colombe said:
5 hours ago, Knoxville said:

Ride the road races, you take the risks, public were pretty lucky!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tsrbvWAFCo

Whoa. Or pretty unlucky really. That is just awful. I'm surprised it's been uploaded really. 

There are many , many worse videos than that online, including some from the TT.

If you were local and had watched the TT and MGP for decades like me and lots of others on here, then you would have seen plenty like that.

4 hours ago, dilligaf said:

There are many , many worse videos than that online, including some from the TT.

If you were local and had watched the TT and MGP for decades like me and lots of others on here, then you would have seen plenty like that.

Really? Once wasn't enough for you then? Fair enough, but once would have been more than enough for me thanks. 

2 minutes ago, La Colombe said:

Really? Once wasn't enough for you then? Fair enough, but once would have been more than enough for me thanks. 

Yeah, right.

You don't walk away when you marshal, or when you are very into the bikes.

9 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Yeah, right.

You don't walk away when you marshal, or when you are very into the bikes.

Yeah, like I said , if that's what you get off on it's fair enough, but I wouldn't want to be involved in that stuff thanks. 

12 hours ago, La Colombe said:

Yeah, like I said , if that's what you get off on it's fair enough, but I wouldn't want to be involved in that stuff thanks. 

You'd much rather post about people dying anyway

3 hours ago, La Colombe said:

Poignant interview with William Dunlop in the Belfast Telegraph here.  It puts a dampener on the argument that these young men are getting killed doing something they love. Which is quite profound really, when you think about. It should be read by all our MHKs. 

After reading that I really cannot understand what led him to get back on the bike.  I know, I'm not a biker, and I'll never understand why any of them do it, but can anyone explain this:

"Before I was wishing my dad would have been there with us at the bikes, but now with Ella coming along I know there is more to life than that and I wish he was around to see his granddaughter."

Well I bet Ella's going to grow up wishing much the same :(

Racing was his income I guess.

It's only right that people should see the other side of road racing to get a balanced picture of the sport. That clip on youtube is a reminder that not everyone gets to go home afterwards.

Shame about William - even though I didn't know him he came across as a really nice guy. The Dunlop family have given more than enough, in every sense, to the sport of motorcycling. 

6 hours ago, wrighty said:

After reading that I really cannot understand what led him to get back on the bike.  I know, I'm not a biker, and I'll never understand why any of them do it, but can anyone explain this:

"Before I was wishing my dad would have been there with us at the bikes, but now with Ella coming along I know there is more to life than that and I wish he was around to see his granddaughter."

Well I bet Ella's going to grow up wishing much the same :(

If his mind was anywhere but on that racing why on earth was he out on a bike? Lovely guy and a sad loss but the bottom line is he shouldn't have been racing.

Archived