Rally Under Threat...

La Colombe

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Derek Flint said:

The event safety plans have to satisfy the insurers and the governing body. That should provide the DOI with the necessary reassurance?

Yes Derek, you would think so but government seem to think that they know better than the RAC or indeed the ACU and FIM. The setting up of committees of highly paid civil service pensioners tends to have them doubling up on requirements and creating problems so that they can be seen to solve them.  

1 hour ago, Albert Tatlock said:

More higher calibre people need to get involved. Many of the so called 'officials' I met when marshalling last year I wouldn't trust to even wash my car.

I agree to an extent Albert, having been on the costly receiving end of their lack of professionalism at one time. Some of them are not up to organising an international event, local events perhaps but it's a shame that it has gone this way. (I'm not referring to their ability to organise a safe event)   

4 hours ago, Uhtred said:

I recall that a chap died in an accident on the Switchback (I think) in the early 1960s. That’s the only rally fatality I’m aware of.

Eddie Instan ( sp) in a mini I think

A local rally is held each year in his memory

I did not know him but I believe

he was a nice fella

2 hours ago, dilligaf said:

Eddie Instan ( sp) in a mini I think

A local rally is held each year in his memory

I did not know him but I believe

he was a nice fella

Yes you can clearly see where the DOI are coming from though. One death in the 1960’s compared to 260 deaths in the TT and MGP over the years.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Snaefell_Mountain_Course_fatalities

It must be so concerning for them just how dangerous the rally is enough to want to shut it down just to prove a point. We can’t have volunteers running this stuff. It needs government employees on overtime in order to be ‘safe’ 

5 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

Yes you can clearly see where the DOI are coming from though. One death in the 1960’s compared to to 260 deaths in the TT alone 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Snaefell_Mountain_Course_fatalities

It must be so concerning for them dangerous the rally is enough to want to shut it down. 

Can only call them a bunch of cunts ( as in the band), just that they cant sing.

Absolute tossers.

I have for many years been ridiculed on here for my support of our Government. But if this is how they intend to proceed, they can fuck right off.

I cant wait until the next bunch of twats come knocking on our door for votes. "Max" please don't bother, you are above them.

23 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Can only call them a bunch of cunts ( as in the band), just that they cant sing.

Absolute tossers.

I have for many years been ridiculed on here for my support of our Government. But if this is how they intend to proceed, they can fuck right off.

I cant wait until the next bunch of twats come knocking on our door for votes. "Max" please don't bother, you are above them.

Taken you long enough lol!:D

2 hours ago, dilligaf said:

Absolute tossers.

It's not those that come knocking at the door wanting your vote that are the problem, either at the local authority or national level. Believe me, I see it from the "inside".

Both varieties are well intended but kept in the dark and misled where necessary by an unelected cabal of public servants concerned only with its own furtherance and job justification.

Creating problems and issues where non exist in order to justify employment, positions and promotion but not experienced, qualified or competent enough to deal with concerns that do matter. Or willing to actually accept the responsibility involved in such.

But hey, the salaries and pensions are remarkable. Duck and dive for long enough and reach the golden crock. They've been allowed to get away with it for so long that it's the norm.

2 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

It's not those that come knocking at the door wanting your vote, either at the local authority or national level. Believe me, I see it from the "inside".

Both varieties are well intended but kept in the dark and misled where necessary by an unelected cabal of public servants concerned only with its own furtherance and job justification.

Creating problems and issues where non exist in order to justify employment, positions and promotion but not experienced, qualified or competent enough to deal with concerns that do matter. Or willing to actually accept the responsibility involved in such.

But hey, the salaries and pensions are remarkable. Duck and dive for long enough and reach the golden crock. They've been allowed to get away with it for so long that it's the norm.

I get what you are saying, but these arsehole MHKs are meant to be in charge.

13 hours ago, dilligaf said:

I get what you are saying, but these arsehole MHKs are meant to be in charge.

I know Dilli but it's amazing how the CS club together to undermine elected officials in order to maintain their status quo. I think we would be better off with a benign dictatorship sometimes!

4 hours ago, Max Power said:

I know Dilli but it's amazing how the CS club together to undermine elected officials in order to maintain their status quo. I think we would be better off with a benign dictatorship sometimes!

we had one under bell and it was shit.

Archived