Police Brutality or Reatraint?

Knoxville

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you read the comments from eye witnesses they say there were about 40 of them all tooled up and she was acting like an aggressive psycho under the influence. If we're going to have a discussion about an abstract piece of footage let's give it some context.

“Tooled up” welcome to the hood, putting into context then, is it excsssive force or could one person not of dealt with her? 

If there was 40 of them all “tooled up”, surely everyone would have been arrested? 

Edit: FUCK reading all those comments 

9 minutes ago, Knoxville said:

“Tooled up” welcome to the hood, putting into context then, is it excsssive force or could one person not of dealt with her? 

If there was 40 of them all “tooled up”, surely everyone would have been arrested? 

Edit: FUCK reading all those comments 

If she was assaulting a police officer and the group had knives then I think it would be appropriate to apprehend her using whatever means necessary. Just because she's female doesn't mean she can't use an offensive weapon.

Personally I think it’s pretty brutal looking at it.

Does it really take that many officers to restrain someone so small and with such force? 

I’ll read the “comments” at lunch, but from the video I think it’s a bit excessive and if she was that bad, surely pava spray would’ve been a better restraint method?

32 minutes ago, Knoxville said:

Personally I think it’s pretty brutal looking at it.

Does it really take that many officers to restrain someone so small and with such force? 

I’ll read the “comments” at lunch, but from the video I think it’s a bit excessive and if she was that bad, surely pava spray would’ve been a better restraint method?

It looks brutal, I agree. But it could be justified depending on what's happened beforehand. 

47 minutes ago, Knoxville said:

Why physically resist arrest?  Even if she was being arrested for something she had not done then it is easier to go quietly and sort it out away from the mob who are only aggravating the situation.  

16 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

Why physically resist arrest?  Even if she was being arrested for something she had not done then it is easier to go quietly and sort it out away from the mob who are only aggravating the situation.  

But sometimes 14 year olds don't manage situations in logical way. How the professional adults reacted in this situation is relevant. Did they take the correct actions to diffuse the incident? Was all their training and experience ineffective, leaving physical restraint the only effective remaining response? We can't know from that clip. 

7 minutes ago, Declan said:

But sometimes 14 year olds don't manage situations in logical way. How the professional adults reacted in this situation is relevant. Did they take the correct actions to diffuse the incident? Was all their training and experience ineffective, leaving physical restraint the only effective remaining response? We can't know from that clip. 

I guess we will have to wait for the full story to come out, however, having read the comments it appears to have been two groups of teenagers facing off against each other, possibly with knives, and the girl in this video was seen kicking a Police Officer.  

If, and I say if, that is true then I would say that the force being used in that video is appropriate.

Archived