Richmond hill

LightBulb

4 minutes ago, Chef Raekwon said:

Serious question.  Is it really breaking up or is it just that there are still chippings knocking around between the 2 uphill lanes because they only get driven on when someone makes a manoeuvre to cross lanes so some of the chippings just haven't ever embedded properly?  Asking as I've noticed that there's been chippings thrown up pretty much ever since the last lot of work, and it's not something that's just started in the last couple of weeks - but I have picked up on it being raised on social media in the last couple of weeks?

Wouldn't surprise me if they've fucked it up to be fair, just my own assumption had been that the issue was just areas of chipping that hadn't embedded properly. 

Driving up it today I noticed that there were several bald patches where the resurfacing had seemingly come away, not just loose chippings. 

• Like 2

Just now, dilligaf said:

But having pneumatic tyres and suspension, nothing happened.

And your point is?  

Personally I couldn't see any point in the new speed restriction other than possibly to reduce stress on the surface. I was surprised to see bald patches seemingly so soon after it was last surface-dressed, but I didn't regard them as being a threat to my safety or a justification for a reduced speed limit - all road surfaces erode and need re-making / re-dressing from time to time and that is what will likely be needed again on Richmond Hill. Are we going to have a temporary speed limit on there for a few weeks until the re-work can be arranged? 

Absolutely from the off this entire project has been a monumental shambles. The giant and costly car park for old nags, the sheets of water sluicing down the hill, the appalling road surface works. It’s a disgrace.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

Absolutely from the off this entire project has been a monumental shambles. The giant and costly car park for old nags, the sheets of water sluicing down the hill, the appalling road surface works. It’s a disgrace.

It is just a road. The car park was taken over by the DOI to use while doing the restructure. They also, in restructuring, changed the access to the place, so I think were obliged to compensate,

They tarmacked it created a new safer access point and handed it back to the HORFOHs. I can't see the problem with that. The HORFOHs it a major tourist stop and they support the charity. Again, I see no problem

38 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

But having pneumatic tyres and suspension, nothing happened.

The issue is that there are chippings or stones being chucked up and damaging cars.  Several people claiming that they've had windscreens damaged in the last few weeks.  I've noticed being hit by stuff myself, usually whilst going down the hill and passing an overtaking car on the way up.

Just now, Chef Raekwon said:

The issue is that there are chippings or stones being chucked up and damaging cars.  Several people claiming that they've had windscreens damaged in the last few weeks.  I've noticed being hit by stuff myself, usually whilst going down the hill and passing an overtaking car on the way up.

In that case I hope you have all reported this to the DOI. If not, nothing will change.

1 minute ago, Chef Raekwon said:

Have a little read back over today's posts and you might be able to figure out that something has happened, hence why people are discussing it.

The tense of the posting seems to imply it is current. If measures are in place to combat the problem then the posts are referring to the past

1 minute ago, gettafa said:

Potentially possibly yes, but in actual fact not. Mainly because it is closed to visitors weekends. 

Yes I agree with you there. Never got my head around that. We close when everyone is able to come to us. 

Edited by dilligaf
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1