Richmond hill

LightBulb

7 hours ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Well I see they have actually done some of it now.

Obviously they have started past the bit at the bottom of the hill that is breaking up but hey ho.

So are they still sticking to the original time frame of the road being closed, or will the road closure be extended ?

1 minute ago, hissingsid said:

Probably make it last until Manx Grand Prix or Festival of Motorcycling just to confuse any visiting motorcyclists.    Talking about confusing, why is there one way traffic on the Mountain road for TT but two way for FOM is it someone's idea of a joke.

FOM ( MGP ) is all OAP`s so probably won`t matter a great deal.

• 4 months later...
13 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Oops. 30 mph speed limit and no overtaking now as the new surface has fallen apart at various spots up the hill.

Nice job lads. Well done.

Yes, I noticed that tonight, the outer lane going up hill the top dressing come off..

This is the sort of thing that happens when egotistical fools are elected to represent our interests. The just bed in with the people pulling the strings. And that ain't the taxpayer. We even allow some of them to be called ministers and allow them even more to overflow with their own self-importance.

Richmond Hill added to Iris. MEA. etc

The stories are all the same.

Edited by gettafa
  • Thanks 1

Serious question.  Is it really breaking up or is it just that there are still chippings knocking around between the 2 uphill lanes because they only get driven on when someone makes a manoeuvre to cross lanes so some of the chippings just haven't ever embedded properly?  Asking as I've noticed that there's been chippings thrown up pretty much ever since the last lot of work, and it's not something that's just started in the last couple of weeks - but I have picked up on it being raised on social media in the last couple of weeks?

Wouldn't surprise me if they've fucked it up to be fair, just my own assumption had been that the issue was just areas of chipping that hadn't embedded properly.