Motorcyclists Banned From Mountain Road For FOM

La Colombe

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Bobbie Bobster said:

image.png.ae57651fb1eb37a67cfb30f1d5d8db6c.png

Does this mean that  a public consultation on the future of road tax done by the Isle of Man Government earlier this year, will have to be done again and changed  to a public consultation on the future of vehicle excise duty. Those civil servants do know how to keep themselves in a job.

58 minutes ago, Gizo said:

They’ll be an increase of ‘lack of talent ‘ soon. Remarkable how this phenomenon only happens for 4 weeks a year. 

Was there ever a more blatant example of "We have to be seen to be doing something, this is something. So let's do it" when it comes to a strategy for tackling an appalling road safety record? I can't think of one. Perhaps the annual TT road safety message is up there. 

1 hour ago, Holte End said:

Does this mean that  a public consultation on the future of road tax done by the Isle of Man Government earlier this year, will have to be done again and changed  to a public consultation on the future of vehicle excise duty?

Betteridge's Law of Headlines applies in this case.

4 hours ago, LightBulb said:

Ok, I will check hack the manx forums database, and see who he is.

Do yourself a favour and don’t listen to jack carter, sorry I meant the tosspot,  He’s a grade A bellend

1 hour ago, Neil Down said:

Do yourself a favour and don’t listen to jack carter, sorry I meant the tosspot,  He’s a grade A bellend

You see, here's the problem. You might not see this seeing as you pussied out and put me on ignore but let's look at who the tosser actually is. I stated that something wouldn't work, you claimed it would and accused me of being the problem, I explained why it wouldn't work, said I'd love it to and invited you to change my mind. You ran away and refused to engage. I called you a fucking idiot, which you are and you stuck me on ignore. Its a discussion forum and you refused to discuss. So who is the tosser? Oh, that's right, its you Neil Down. You fucking idiot.

10 hours ago, Bobbie Bobster said:

Betteridge's Law of Headlines applies in this case.

No.

But I think it does give the more commonly known road tax credence.

So yes there could be a vehicle excise duty on push bikes implemented or more commonly known as road tax.

55 minutes ago, Bobbie Bobster said:

If someone didn't pay it I bet you'd say it was tax avoision.

I think with tax it is best to start people off as young as possible so a bike tax would show the younger generation that there are three certainties  in life after you

are born.

You pay taxes, You try to find ways to avoid paying taxes, You died.

12 hours ago, Derek Flint said:

I already do on the cars up the driveway

Is this the same old spurious argument that cyclists use in respect of Road Tax (or whatever you want to call it) that because they pay tax for a car it somehow covers their cycle as well?

Its complete nonsense. If I have two cars I can’t just pay the tax on one and say I don’t need to pay tax on the other because I have already paid one lot.

29 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Is this the same old spurious argument that cyclists use in respect of Road Tax (or whatever you want to call it) that because they pay tax for a car it somehow covers their cycle as well?

tax for a polluting moped £16, for an electric car £0 so what tax should a cyclist pay and how much would it cost to collect and enforce oh mr 'voice of reason'?

And cars are also usually parked on public roads where as bicycles are not, so they should pay road tax as well as vehicle duty surely?

Archived