The mayhem is to commence anytime now

hissingsid

I think it will be great, much needed, it would have collapsed soon the state it was in.    It was the chosen subject on TH today, it was amazing how many structural engineers came on, experts all,  why they are bitching about it now is beyond comprehension, it is a done deal, it is starting on Monday...fact as dear Frank would say,.  Suck it up and enjoy life.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Neil Down said:

Have they actually ever completed anything under budget?

Only in the cases of the budgets being massively overstated in the first instance?

Should have been sorted years ago, heaven knows what is under there, not a lot I would imagine.   The Frank I was referring to is the star of TH and usually finishes his observations with ....Fact !!!    Of course it will be over estimate and take longer but ar least it is getting started.    New promenade, our own boats now we just need to talk the Island up instead of being so negative.    To be honest I would rather see the money spent on these positive ventures than see it dribbled away bit by bit on nonsensical projects as it has been over many years, money spent but little or nothing to show for it.

5 hours ago, hissingsid said:

Should have been sorted years ago, heaven knows what is under there, not a lot I would imagine.   The Frank I was referring to is the star of TH and usually finishes his observations with ....Fact !!!    Of course it will be over estimate and take longer but ar least it is getting started.    New promenade, our own boats now we just need to talk the Island up instead of being so negative.    To be honest I would rather see the money spent on these positive ventures than see it dribbled away bit by bit on nonsensical projects as it has been over many years, money spent but little or nothing to show for it.

Do you mean the  really sucessfull  "Film" industry ?

Well that and the ridiculous salt and pepper towers on Laxey bridge, lots of stupid little things that slip by without being noticed.   And think of the entertainment we will have rant and moan wise  Stu will have to have two extra hours each day to accommodate the righteous indignation because someone was delayed by 30 seconds on their way to nowhere in particular.

• 3 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, woody2 said:

:o

is "Auldyn Construction Limited" doing the work on the prom linked to  "Auldyn Properties Limited" that own most of the sefton group......

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/contractor-announced-for-prom-refurbishment/

https://www.energyfm.net/cms/news_story_532012.html

Is this how you create confusion.

Properties appears to be a Jersey Company controlled by a David Monks of Glen Auldyn. 

Construction is owned by Colas, part of Shell T&T.

Is there a connection, or is it a woody fake fact?

Archived