E-gaming is a sector we can be proud of, says Quayle

BallaDoc

7 minutes ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

It isn't really.

Don't be foolish. Mr L Hamilton ended up leasing a jet from a certain Mr L Hamilton via a circuitous route through various shell companies owned by a Mr L Hamilton. Why was that do you think?

As to being proud of e-gaming for some people gambling is a disease. So the island was once described to me as "a nasty pool of infection in the Irish Sea" by an ex (at that time anyway) gambler.

How you can have a pool in a sea was never explained. But I got the sentiment. Hopefully the safeguards put in place can prevent those who can't help themselves from self harming.

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Rog said:

I've been living here in sleepy North Norfolk for 20 years now and soon after we bought our place at first whenever the subject of the IOM cropped up as in "Were ya from then bhoy?" (that sort of thing happens whenever fresh meat appears in any pub) the usual response involved tourism and of course motor cycle racing.

Recently a new couple of people who had been living on the island moved in, he had been a hospital consultant and when he mentioned having moved from the island ALL comments were about tax dodging and dirty money. 

Yeah, of course it was...

11 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Is there anything else worth talking about?

Clearly little else makes it into the MSM.

Quilp is right though. It is embarrassing. I suppose it's not so bad for the english imports but if you're manx it's getting increasingly difficult to be proud of where you come from.

I blame brexit.

51 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Don't be foolish. Mr L Hamilton ended up leasing a jet from a certain Mr L Hamilton via a circuitous route through various shell companies owned by a Mr L Hamilton. Why was that do you think?

As to being proud of e-gaming for some people gambling is a disease. So the island was once described to me as "a nasty pool of infection in the Irish Sea" by an ex (at that time anyway) gambler.

How you can have a pool in a sea was never explained. But I got the sentiment. Hopefully the safeguards put in place can prevent those who can't help themselves from self harming.

So we've ruled out financial services and we've ruled out e-gaming. What do you suggest as the next big sector for the economy? Remember, we need to support a population of 80,000 and a government workforce, and their pensions, of 8,000.

1 minute ago, Donald Trumps said:

UK Labour is proposing massive investment in home insulation etc as a part of kickstarting a new Green economy

This should happen here too but government & it's establishment will have to slim down to a 'sustainable' size

:lol:

I didn't know that home insulation was edible and nutritious?

2 minutes ago, woolley said:

So we've ruled out financial services and we've ruled out e-gaming. What do you suggest as the next big sector for the economy? Remember, we need to support a population of 80,000 and a government workforce, and their pensions, of 8,000.

Clearly you have to concentrate on the things you're good at:

We have managed to create a methodology whereby you end up with a totally useless government with authority minus any responsibility that has created a burgeoning public sector that's unaffordable.

Now I'm quite sure nobody else has that. So it's our USP. So over to the marketeers to create a market for it.

I just think of the ideas. It's up to others to make them work....

11 minutes ago, woolley said:

And there you have the problem in a nutshell.

1 hour ago, woolley said:

Construction. Quite clearly. Just keep handing the land over, it's about the only thing keeping the economy and employment from tanking at the moment.

Archived