TT Access Road

LightBulb

On 10/17/2018 at 9:57 PM, quilp said:

The residents of River Heights, or whatever it's called won't half be pleased, I'm sure. Has there ever been a test done on the air pollution when it's busy down there? 

I know a few people  in the area selling their houses  now while they can.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Derek Flint said:

The access road is an issue which is in need of a major rethink, rather than just trying to improve something that is beyond broken

It’s been broken from day one. Did they let one of the kindergarten classes draw up the plans on that one?

On 10/19/2018 at 7:24 PM, Kopek said:

Traffic Lights at Q' Bridge are the answer, stop the race, let a few cars go, start the race again! Easy.

Or what about a big ramp and jump, like those Hot Wheels tracks? It could become more of a spectator interest than the races.

The QB roundabout is just too small, it needs to be a lot bigger to keep the traffic flowing.

6 hours ago, Derek Flint said:

The access road is an issue which is in need of a major rethink, rather than just trying to improve something that is beyond broken

Why does it have to be an access road at the QB, i`m sure they could re-situ it, somewhere else and have two way traffic ?

16 minutes ago, LightBulb said:

The QB roundabout is just too small, it needs to be a lot bigger to keep the traffic flowing.

No, it needs motorists who know how to use a roundabout...

1 hour ago, LightBulb said:

Why does it have to be an access road at the QB, i`m sure they could re-situ it, somewhere else and have two way traffic ?

the access road is at the QB because it is the only place you can get vehicles under or over the TT course without building something else. it also needs to be in the douglas area really as that is where the housing is concentrated.  i realise there is also union mills  but you are still using a single track railway line as your road, and where would you get off the track  going under union mills?  all the way to marown school i reckon.  either way you are still driving on the grass in the posh little housing estate. for the amount of time it needs using i'd say leave it alone.

Archived