TT Access Road

LightBulb

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

I don't know why anyone thinks the Mercer report will change anything. It'll be a total whitewash, and the chief marshal has already quietly retired.

I don’t think it will change anything. It’s an internal enquiry, despite the scope and scale of the incident, it resumed the day after, with the same CoC. There doesn’t seem to be any external H&S investigation. 

All that will change is that there will no longer be a wrong way procedure. 

TT is something else. It’s a tremendous, gladiatorial spectacle, which is a monster to manage. It would be unfortunate if it demised. 

Its the high risk sideshow on the open road I have an issue with. Things have to evolve faster than then they do.

1 hour ago, Derek Flint said:

TT is something else. It’s a tremendous, gladiatorial spectacle, which is a monster to manage. It would be unfortunate if it demised. 

Its the high risk sideshow on the open road I have an issue with. Things have to evolve faster than then they do.

The high risk sideshow on the open road is part of the TT. 

2 hours ago, Derek Flint said:

I don’t think it will change anything. It’s an internal enquiry, despite the scope and scale of the incident, it resumed the day after, with the same CoC. There doesn’t seem to be any external H&S investigation. 

All that will change is that there will no longer be a wrong way procedure. 

The Mercer incident was not the "fault" of "The Course" per se (IMHO). It was a failure of management, communication, whatever. But not "The Course" itself. That's why the outcome will more than likely not affect actual racing or the TT as such.

What will affect the TT will be the inherent inability of safety requirements to keep up with the evolution and speed of the bikes.

It's no longer "Horses for Courses" in the sport. It will be the litigation liabilities of "The Course" no longer being suitable for "The Horses". Which is currently machinery with performance specification exceeding that used on BSB short circuits with all their short circuit safety requirements and demands met before being approved for use.

Under such comparison, it's madness when you think about it? And I'm a biker. The TT is being pushed further and faster than its weaknesses can be addressed. And we all know why.

13 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

I don't know why anyone thinks the Mercer report will change anything. It'll be a total whitewash, and the chief marshal has already quietly retired.

The Chief Marshal hasn't retired, the man who has stepped down as a director was a previous holder of the post. The inquiry has been concluded and recommendations have been made. As it was an ACU internal inquiry it's unlikely that the results would be made public in their entirety I wouldn't think?  

1 hour ago, La Colombe said:

The high risk sideshow on the open road is part of the TT. 

It's not part of the TT and needs stamping on!

The latest from IOMG via the Nations Mouthpiece 

http://www.three.fm/news/isle-of-man-news/tt-access-road-improvements-planned/

Its a bit ironic when the Department of Incompetence talk about presenting a business case to Treasury. Let’s face it it’s a ‘fait accompli’, and as it relates to TT, there will be collective lobbying and insistence that this road is extended/widened etc at whatever the cost, and whatever damage it does to the ‘biosphere’, which will be damaged as a result of the chopping of mature trees. 

6 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

Who owns the land alongside it?

Whoever it is won't get much of a say in it. Remember the Richmond Hill fiasco and a Mr Canniper? (apologies if I've spelt his name wrong)

2 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

Only a Cyril could come up with that explanation! :lol:

14 hours and that's what you come back with. Jeez, these new trolls just don't put any effort in at all

For the record, the response was copied and pasted from google as I couldn't be arsed with helmet chops... :thumbsup:

3 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

14 hours and that's what you come back with. Jeez, these new trolls just don't put any effort in at all

For the record, the response was copied and pasted from google as I couldn't be arsed with helmet chops... :thumbsup:

Unlike you, I don't spend all day on here waiting for trolls! And yes, I thought it was too good to be true that you thought that up all by yourself. :cool:

1 minute ago, Andy Onchan said:

Unlike you, I don't spend all day on here waiting for trolls! And yes, I thought it was too good to be true that you thought that up all by yourself. :cool:

Learn to read your posting history you nugget... :rolleyes:

Archived