TT Access Road

LightBulb

4 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

Whoever it is won't get much of a say in it. Remember the Richmond Hill fiasco and a Mr Canniper? (apologies if I've spelt his name wrong)

The Isle of Man , democracy and giving the public opportunity to object mean nothing, to them. The access road isn’t broke and doesn’t need extending, widening or retarmaced in 24carat gold leaf. It’s a short pathway which suits a purpose for 4 weeks a year. Increasing, widening etc will involve pointless and environmental vandalism for very little financial gain. However I’m sure between the Starship Enterprise, Department of Incompetence and the Treasury they will between them present a business case gerimanded to suit certain individuals and vested interests, therefore objectors stand no chance at all. Doubtless to say, this little exercise will benefit Government favoured contractors and deplete the reserves.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Max Power said:

Hmmm, maybe a new access road will help to make the development of western Port-E Chee near Braddan Bridge easier, or am I being cynical?

Like the one that was reported as being opposed in the fields running down from Ballafletcher a couple of weeks ago...?

5 hours ago, 2112 said:

The Isle of Man , democracy and giving the public opportunity to object mean nothing, to them. The access road isn’t broke and doesn’t need extending, widening or retarmaced in 24carat gold leaf. It’s a short pathway which suits a purpose for 4 weeks a year. Increasing, widening etc will involve pointless and environmental vandalism for very little financial gain. However I’m sure between the Starship Enterprise, Department of Incompetence and the Treasury they will between them present a business case gerimanded to suit certain individuals and vested interests, therefore objectors stand no chance at all. Doubtless to say, this little exercise will benefit Government favoured contractors and deplete the reserves.

The new access road could be used for "drag racing" events at the weekends, when not being used, that would bring in some pennies to off-set the cost of constructing it.

What’s it actually achieving? There is no economic reason for it.  It’ll still bottleneck and you end up driving over those gardens anyway. More unnecessary expense, this administration doesn’t know when to stop. 

Its like Blair’s government, spend spend spend and no way of paying for it. 

Archived