TT Access Road

LightBulb

On 10/18/2018 at 11:42 AM, 2112 said:

The latest from IOMG via the Nations Mouthpiece 

http://www.three.fm/news/isle-of-man-news/tt-access-road-improvements-planned/

Its a bit ironic when the Department of Incompetence talk about presenting a business case to Treasury. Let’s face it it’s a ‘fait accompli’, and as it relates to TT, there will be collective lobbying and insistence that this road is extended/widened etc at whatever the cost, and whatever damage it does to the ‘biosphere’, which will be damaged as a result of the chopping of mature trees. 

Didn`t it used to be two way traffic on the access road at one time ?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Traffic Lights at Q' Bridge are the answer, stop the race, let a few cars go, start the race again! Easy.

Or what about a big ramp and jump, like those Hot Wheels tracks? It could become more of a spectator interest than the races.

2 hours ago, Kopek said:

Traffic Lights at Q' Bridge are the answer, stop the race, let a few cars go, start the race again! Easy.

Or what about a big ramp and jump, like those Hot Wheels tracks? It could become more of a spectator interest than the races.

Nonsense. They want to knock the QB pub down and filter all Douglas traffic in over widened road and a bridge out to the side of the fire station, and have a big filter lanes for South and out to Onchan. It would only cost a few million (that being £30M in DOI money). 

52 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

Nonsense. They want to knock the QB pub down and filter all Douglas traffic in over widened road and a bridge out to the side of the fire station, and have a big filter lanes for South and out to Onchan. It would only cost a few million (that being £30M in DOI money). 

Not hard to imagine that they've pulled the huge QB roundabout development proposals that were shelved 10 years ago, off the shelf again.

But aside from that, just where is all this money coming from? DOI appear to have developed a bottomless budget.

19 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

Not hard to imagine that they've pulled the huge QB roundabout development proposals that were shelved 10 years ago, off the shelf again.

But aside from that, just where is all this money coming from? DOI appear to have developed a bottomless budget.

Wasn`t that to do with the bats living under the QB bridge ?

21 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

It’s just a shame some of that bottomless budget couldn’t be spent on roads that need sorting, or doing a decent job of the ones they do. I’m sure if a private contractor left Governors Road and Royal Avenue in Onchan in the state they have, they’d soon soon have something say about it!!

1 hour ago, skins said:

It’s just a shame some of that bottomless budget couldn’t be spent on roads that need sorting, or doing a decent job of the ones they do. I’m sure if a private contractor left Governors Road and Royal Avenue in Onchan in the state they have, they’d soon soon have something say about it!!

It’s the kind of finish you’d expect from untrained work experience kids. 

3 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

It’s the kind of finish you’d expect from untrained work experience kids. 

What has surprised me is the new smooth surface on Derby Road in Douglas, which is now almost the same height as the pavement.

Does not look too safe for pedestrians, but makes it easier for the dozens of drivers who park half on the road and half on the pavement.

I always thought pavements had to have a minimum height above the road.

18 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

What has surprised me is the new smooth surface on Derby Road in Douglas, which is now almost the same height as the pavement.

Does not look too safe for pedestrians, but makes it easier for the dozens of drivers who park half on the road and half on the pavement.

Cost cutting by not planing off the old surface?

7 minutes ago, finlo said:
9 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Cost cutting by not planing off the old surface?

Yeah, more or less. They took off about two inches and laid about 5 inches. Unbelievable.

Archived