TT Access Road

LightBulb

11 minutes ago, yootalkin2me said:

Spending tax money on infrastructure (including roads) = sound investment in our future.

Investment where? A road used for 4 weeks of the year. That’s not a sound investment, that’s more money pandering to a race which should not be on any calendar anywhere. 

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Gizo said:

Investment where? A road used for 4 weeks of the year. That’s not a sound investment, that’s more money pandering to a race which should not be on any calendar anywhere. 

Well it is and by the looks of it, here for the foreseeable future. It will be interesting to see just how they are going to widen it. 

9 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

Well it is and by the looks of it, here for the foreseeable future. It will be interesting to see just how they are going to widen it. 

You imply / allude to some knowledge of and not limited to: the outcome of the Mercer enquiry and affects upon the Govt, ACU, Insurance  etc etc etc and that the TT is going to continue and for what time period

If this is not the case please define "foreseeable future" 1 year, 4 years, February, bed time ?

A very assumptive and lazy comment Neil.

There is no implication in my post just my view on the TT. 

Definition of foreseeable 

1 : being such as may be reasonably anticipated foreseeable problems foreseeable consequences

2 : lying within the range for which forecasts are possible in the foreseeable future

There is no time limit on foreseeable so crawl back under your rock and think of some better antagonistic responses

9 minutes ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

The first 3 words "Well it is" is quite definitive.

Quoting / Copy and pasting the Merriam - Webster Dictionary (1st result on Google) isn't your definition at all.

Two in a row- both lazy and assumptive.

Yawn...

4 hours ago, Gizo said:

incomeInvestment where? A road used for 4 weeks of the year. That’s not a sound investment, that’s more money pandering to a race which should not be on any calendar anywhere. 

I agree with you Gizo.

The TT is not going to last forever and that end date may be sooner than many want to admit. ( even without the Mercer inquiry )

Money has to be spent to try to secure future income as we can not and should not rely on a motorbike time trial to pay for our future spending.

I am sure that loads of us who pay our "road fund license" dues would rather any spare money be spent making the roads safer and more comfortable for everyday use as opposed to the mad 4 week death and destruction that is the TT and FOM.

Reality checks are needed in high places. ASAP

3 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

I don't know why anyone thinks the Mercer report will change anything. It'll be a total whitewash, and the chief marshal has already quietly retired.

A big nail in the coffin though.

I don't care how stupid this bunch of idiots in the house are and how much they think they can prop the TT up.

Reality will hit home soon and there will be many choking on bitter pills. 

The TT was a fantastic event for a long time, but nobody can justify the hundreds of deaths. Time is up.

It's easy for us who don't need the access road to poo hoo the idea. There is certainly a requirement to properly justify the expense but that is open to the usual Govt interpretation of 'Nice to Have' as opposed to 'NEED' to have.

How to do it is easy, a tunnel under q'bridge roundabout into the rugby field, a wide road from there to the hill at the west side of the field and then another tunnel through to Nobles road !!!

This new road could be justified as a second lane on the west approach to Q'bridge r'about for easement of traffic in ordinary road conditions, of course it would have to be elevated on stilts or infill but it can be done on an engineering basis, so that's a yesssss please, go ahead. 30 mil? that's OK. it's a road improvement not something fot the TT!

Archived