Government Wages Bill...

La Colombe

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Recruitment and swelling of the ranks has never stopped. Some depts more guilty than others for the creation of "non-jobs" in particular. 

I wonder how Chris Thomas & Co will reconcile these figures against assurances that Govt would shrink? That it's all part of the "growing economy"?

Our over bloated civil service is a disgrace for a island of our size, , I bet that doesn’t include leavers going out the front door with there Bag of cash and returning through the back door not on official stats. This can only mean more stealth taxes coming for us in the future. 

1 hour ago, gettafa said:

Continued promotion and pay rise is a Govt right.

Fixed.

Having said that; it's only the 11k-odd Govt and PS employees being paid and recirculating money within the system that's keeping the economy afloat at the moment. With the funding for it obviously coming from reserves and the increasingly put-upon private sector's taxes and rates. How long can that last?

Reduce PS headcount and take that spending away and it puts the whole "growing economy" on the slide. That would take some explaining away.

ETA. Presumably next year's pay increase is in the negotiation stages as well?

21 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Fixed.

Having said that; it's only the 11k-odd Govt and PS employees being paid and recirculating money within the system that's keeping the economy afloat at the moment. With the funding for it obviously coming from reserves and the increasingly put-upon private sector's taxes and rates. How long can that last?

Reduce PS headcount and take that spending away and it puts the whole "growing economy" on the slide. That would take some explaining away.

Sorry N-B. You are right of course. My sarcasm was too heavy.

Within Isle of Man government, over the decades I have watched utter fuckwits promoted way beyond their ability and worth to our society, and yet it seems to be the norm in Isle of Man Government and simply part of the 'entitlement' culture.

1 hour ago, GreyWolf said:

Are over bloated civil service is a disgrace for a island of our size, , I bet that doesn’t include leavers going out the front door with there Bag of cash and returning through the back door not on official stats. This can only mean more stealth taxes coming for us in the future. 

Your grammar and spelling is a disgrace.

Archived