Government Wages Bill...

La Colombe

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, the stinking enigma said:

What's his greatest achievement, reform wise?

I think CT's problem is that he is very intelligent and has to dumb everything down for his fellow MHK's to understand.

I like him and appreciate that he is in the job to help us and IOM plc in general, as he could earn much more for less bitching anywhere else. 

8 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

Moorhouse's question was so loosely drafted that they could have told him anything, so they rather oddly gave him monthly figures.  I reckon this gives an annualised average cost per employee for 2016 of £39,041 and for 2018 of £42,344.  An 8.5% increase over two years.

Did the job though, of exposing the rise in headcount & cost despite repeated misleading spin implying PS/CS contraction.

Chris Thomas has had his brain and other internal organs removed and has now been stuffed with straw. Plus his hands and feet have holes in them to attach Quayle's puppet strings.

Never thought I'd hear myself say that. But that's a sad demonstrable fact now.

Shame on him. Shame for us.

2 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Chris Thomas has had his brain and other internal organs removed and has now been stuffed with straw. Plus his hands and feet have holes in them to attach Quayle's puppet strings.

Never thought I'd hear myself say that. But that's a sad demonstrable fact now.

Shame on him. Shame for us.

Thing is; who's pulling Quayle's puppet strings? ;)

3 hours ago, dilligaf said:

I think CT's problem is that he is very intelligent and has to dumb everything down for his fellow MHK's to understand.

I like him and appreciate that he is in the job to help us and IOM plc in general, as he could earn much more for less bitching anywhere else. 

Impressive stuff. I did ask though, what was his greatest achievement, reform wise. 

I think Howard is still reeling from becoming Chief Minister and all the people who are licking up to him.

Prior to this the only people he was teamed up with was likes of Quirky for the toilet tax. And he got to employ Mr Charters

These days he  also gets to see the big boys of Westminster, lots and lots, you know, the ones you see on the telly and that.

The Isle of Man Where You Truly Can

Until the figures are broken down showing each departments headcount and figures this does not really mean a lot.   By departments I mean police, fire, hospital, civil servants in government departments etc it does not show where increases have been made in numbers and costs.   It would be a tremendous task and probably cost loads.   I still think if the Health Service was not so unwieldy it would be easier to see just where the money is being spent and make sure the money was spent on front line services.

Archived