Fairy tales?

doc.fixit

The wallabies are soon to be supplemented by life size statues of the saviour of TT aka the god of tourism. 

These are to be placed at prime sites, such as ‘destination cruise’ terminal and the steam and electric railway interchanges so that tourists will still have the opportunity to be photographed with the great man, even when he is busy at coffee mornings and such.

There will be no such opportunity at the horsetram tent as they are dirty and lose money.

Minister Skelly’s statue will be available for all to see at the summit of Snaefell where the kingdom of god is to be rebranded appropriately by a very clever DFE marketing executive 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I wish to engage in HERESY!!

The "Man Who Saved The T.T." (AKA Mr 5%) is not one of the true Gods of Tourism.

He is a different deity, although in the eyes of some is to be worshipped equally and gifts (equating to 5%) should be laid at his feet by all.

The Twin Gods of Tourism and Enterprise remain aloof other than their frequent descents to address the masses by social media. Their Vision (but not 9) is to be lauded and praised without question.

Bow ye all and pay homage to those who save us from the abyss.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, hissingsid said:

The wallabies have created far more interest, cost the government nothing and helping a good cause. 

The government have stumped up for the wallabies, they are 'corporate' sponsors of at least 2 probably more, how much did that cost compared to the fairy houses? 

On 6/12/2019 at 3:28 PM, Roger Mexico said:

Edited to add:  There's a good and recent (2017) Guide to the Archaeological Sites on the Isle of Man by Andrew Johnson and Allison Fox which is worth getting (though it's probably over-cautious about access).  It's £14.99 and available from the Manx Museum Shop and local bookshops such as the Lexicon in Douglas and the Bridge Bookshops in Port Erin and Ramsey.  It only covers sites up to 1500 though, so Karroogarroo won't be in it.

It's a marvellous book, thoroughly recommended!! :)

10 hours ago, CharlieBrown said:

The government have stumped up for the wallabies, they are 'corporate' sponsors of at least 2 probably more, how much did that cost compared to the fairy houses? 

Could we not have a "manx loch ness monster" in the sulby resoviour, to create a tourisim attraction ?

• 3 months later...

The wallabies were auctioned last night raising £250,000!!!

ridicolous amount for some, one  at £25,000!! Some loot out there, well done I’d say. I’ve enjoyed seeing them round the island. 

They've got a great marketing team at hospice. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 6/14/2019 at 6:26 PM, Kopek said:

The Govt will benefit fron the money raised by this and other charities. These third party providers do work the Govt should be doing.

The Govt will benefit fron the money raised by this and other charities. These third party providers do work the Govt should be doing. ......  whilst pissing money away on fantasy projects benefitting no one !

• Like 2

Tbh I’m glad Gov don’t sufficiently provide for Hospice, I’m kinda fine that they do there own fundraising because the service they provide is excellent and of high quality. A great place for grieving families. A government funded operation I’d dread to think how inept and over managed it would be and lacking the essential skill and care required for a delicate situation. Long may Hospice be independent of central government involvement. 

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, Gizo said:

Tbh I’m glad Gov don’t sufficiently provide for Hospice, I’m kinda fine that they do there own fundraising because the service they provide is excellent and of high quality. A great place for grieving families. A government funded operation I’d dread to think how inept and over managed it would be and lacking the essential skill and care required for a delicate situation. Long may Hospice be independent of central government involvement. 

Unfortunately Hospice is just as bloated, over managed and ineptly run. 

Try making a physio appointment, actually experience many of their services. 

Yes, it’s essential, and the core service is focussed and needed and well delivered. But they suffer from having too much money and then justifying things to waste it on.