Fairy tales?

doc.fixit

1 minute ago, quilp said:

Brought in the equivalent of £375,000+ in advertising, apparently. Skelly gushing about it on the nation's mouthpiece.

Yeah right, like where? It must be great living in the IOMG bubble where all the bullshit makes economic sense. 

Edited by thesultanofsheight
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I've only seen the one up Bradda Head, it's cool enough, and I like the idea of them being scattered about the place. The person who made them must be laughing their head off though. Quite why someone local couldn't have been contracted to do it for significantly less I don't know. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

"Mr Skelly told questioner Julie Edge, the amount of publicity garnered by what he called "ambush marketing", far outweighed the cost of the initiative..."

Oh really?

SHOW ALL WORKING!

Be sure to include the consultancy fee for the maketing bullshit they fed you....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

Yes, I listened to Mr. Skelly's diatribe on this, at dinnertime. DFE "ESTIMATES" (amongst other contrived figures in the matter) that 6M people have seen advertising material featuring these, that justifies the construction costs over what other means of publicity would have cost.

It was laughable and anybody could have driven a stagecoach and horses through the justification. No facts or concrete figures (no pun intended) whatsoever. Just the DFE's own contrived numbers, very definite assumptions and estimates.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

Also, i have never yet heard skelly speak where it is not obvious he is reading from a sheet in front of him. 

Is this an assumption that he can actually read....? :lol:

• Haha 1